Hello from Ohio

Hi I am new here and just purchased a Saiga-20. I am disappointed because it will not cycle. Have others had problems with a brand new gun not cycling or should I send it back to the factory for repair? I see where some of you have done some mods to make them work but I figure a brand new gun should work correctly from the start. Forgive me if I don't use correct terminology but I don't do a lot of shooting. My problem seems to be the extractor that pulls the spent shell out won't release it and the new round seems to not go into the barrel. It tends to jam on the way in. I am using Winchester Super X 2 3/4 7/8 oz #6.

As I said I don't shoot a lot so I am not up on mods and new firearms. Anyway I didn't know these guns existed and when I saw this gun I just had to have it. Sure hope you folks can help me get it worked out because I just knew when I saw it that it had to be one fun gun.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is stock and and will cycle 2 3/4", 1 oz target loads on setting 2 about 80-90%. Slugs and magnums cycle just fine. If I need it for social work, I will be using a heavy load so I don't worry too much. Maybe you could try putting some buckshot, slugs or 3" shells through it until it breaks in a bit. Also, I have found that it has more problems when my wife shoots it b/c she "limp shoulders" it sometimes.

If you want to blow through crates of cheap ammo as fast as possible (nothing wrong with that) ASAP, changing the spring and the various other mods detailed in the other thread seem to work.

• 1 month later...

Well I am back. Due to weather I haven't done much with my Saiga 20. I have ran about 100 rounds through it and am very disappointed because I have to remove the clip and clear the gun on every shot. I have had about 4 or 5 successful cycles out of 100. Has anyone returned their gun to the company to have it fixed? Just seems to me that the dang thing should cycle out of the box. That isn't too much to ask from a new item. I am thinking about contacting the company and returning it for repair. I didn't plan on spending $$ reworking a new gun nor should one have to. I just don't see this thing magically starting to cycle on it's own.

Well I am back. Due to weather I haven't done much with my Saiga 20. I have ran about 100 rounds through it and am very disappointed because I have to remove the clip and clear the gun on every shot. I have had about 4 or 5 successful cycles out of 100. Has anyone returned their gun to the company to have it fixed? Just seems to me that the dang thing should cycle out of the box. That isn't too much to ask from a new item. I am thinking about contacting the company and returning it for repair. I didn't plan on spending $$ reworking a new gun nor should one have to. I just don't see this thing magically starting to cycle on it's own.

Cadiz can do warranty work and they're in Ohio. It might be what you need if your gun continues to have issues.

The Saiga 12 has a lot of the same issues and is a little more common, you can find tons of usefull info in that forum. There are a lot of little things you can do to get the gun working better without having to send it off:

What kind of loads are you using and on what setting?

Have you checked your gas ports to make sure they aren't blocked?

Cadiz can do warranty work and they're in Ohio. It might be what you need if your gun continues to have issues.

The Saiga 12 has a lot of the same issues and is a little more common, you can find tons of usefull info in that forum. There are a lot of little things you can do to get the gun working better without having to send it off:

What kind of loads are you using and on what setting?

Have you checked your gas ports to make sure they aren't blocked?

Who is Cadiz and where are they located? Being in Ohio I would gladly drop the gun off to be corrected under warranty. I forgot about checking the gas ports and will do that. I am using 1 oz 7 1/2 shot. The only place to buy ammo in my one dog town is Wally World but I am going to go to a gun store and see if I can get some buck shot. Yes I have read on the forum and there is good info here. I am just now starting to work my way through this problem since the weather got good enough to spen the time outside.

OK I googled Cadiz and have already talked to Vicki and she is sending me the paper work to get the gun fixed under warranty. Thanks for giving me that information. I am sure they will make it right and I won't have to try to figure out what should have been correct from the factory anyway.

OK I googled Cadiz and have already talked to Vicki and she is sending me the paper work to get the gun fixed under warranty. Thanks for giving me that information. I am sure they will make it right and I won't have to try to figure out what should have been correct from the factory anyway.

Good to hear.