saiga 7.62x39 accuracy

Too much jibber jabber...and to be honest I do that with iron sights....damn I love those inferior iron sights....:rolleyes: optics are over rated. use sights. They work well, trusts me. 100 yards lol

Some times we like to drink a lot then put beer cans out at 100 filled with piss....man those things blow up....AKs are not very accurate though, and iron sights are shitty. :donatello:

Edited by Chevyman097

When I post again I'll work on less talking and more shooting, hope it wasn't to boring for ya. Thanks for the input.

Oh im just busting your balls man, sorry lol.

But it did seem too "nutnfancy" style for me(he talks way too much and doesnt just get to the point :lolol:). So much talking about the rifle and all the accessories instead of just the topic of accuracy.

Honest opinion with out all the busting on you. Just drop some of the detail, for example the magazines and all the stock details. Shoot that puppy then talk about the accuracy. Save all the other details for a different review.

Also Im just a huge fan of the irons, guess I could be considered bias. But inside 150 or so yards I dont really see the use of optics being relevant for an AK platform. A rifle is only as accurate as the shooter anyways. But I just love the irons and dont care for optics, im used to what I was raised on and have used for years. Anyways we could ramble all night about that, different topic. Moving on. :unsure:

Give the ammo details, rifle specs(summed up) and optics, more shooting, less talk about the off topic items at the start. Once you got further into the video it wasnt really bad. It just had a really boring start.

I know this is redundant but restore that baby too. :haha:

I bought the ak for knock down power.

No such thing as knock down power. The only thing that matters is shot placement. If you shot someone and it sent them flying backwards, the same would happen to you when you shot the gun. "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." It's Newton's 3rd Law.

No such thing as knock down power. The only thing that matters is shot placement. If you shot someone and it sent them flying backwards, the same would happen to you when you shot the gun. "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." It's Newton's 3rd Law.

Does anyone think that's what is meant by "knock down power"? 13-year olds and Carolyn McCarthy might, but I mean people who didn't learn everything they know about guns from movies.

• Like 1

good one. try telling the millions of other people out there that there is no such thing as "knock down power". but anyways back to the original post

When did "Knock down" become "Knock back". Perhaps it would be more appropriate(ei PC) to say "take down ability"? Maybe I'm the only one, but "Knock down" has ALWAYS meant exactly that.

Admittedly, you can take a man down with a No.2 lead pencil. But, I always understood "Knock down power" to equate with damage done, not distance thrown back. As I understand it, Soft and Hollow pionts generally do more damage than FMJs. Thereby haveing greater "knock down" potential.

Yes, a properly placed .22 can kill a man, but a properly placed .45 will generally do a great deal more damage in the same proper place. Thereby haveing greater knock down power or take down potential, whatever you prefer.

Or is this just old school crap and I'm not up to date yet?

Nice video, I admit though I mostly skipped towards the end to see the shots, good shooting with the cans.

On topic, is the accuracy really that much worse when compared to a Saiga 5.45x39 or a Saiga .223? I know both those rounds are generally more accurate in nature but how is it when applied in practise(speaking of the Saiga only, not other brands, ie: saiga ak47 vs saiga ak74 vs saiga .223), is the accuracy pretty similar or will you really see that much of a difference when going with the saiga ak74/saiga .223 vs a saiga ak47(which most people claim to be among the most accurate of ak47's on the market)?? At 100 yards??

Edited by ssnovaak

Thanks for all the input everybody I admit the video was boring but I'll work on that, nothing like seeing the shot placement!!! I plan on doing another video at much longer ranges 300-400 meters on clay pigeons and frozen milk jugs. I'm only experimenting for my own pleasure and sharing the video's for your hopeful enjoyment, Ive added a bi-pod because the rest I was using affected my trigger pull. I will add this comment, I'll take shot placement any day over a larger caliber firearm that hinders shot placement although no matter the caliber it is usually a lack of practice that hinders shot placement not the actual caliber of a firearm. If you don't shoot something well change ammo and try again if that fails it's still probably the shooter!!!!! Keep trying.