Why didn't I buy this sooner

Hello everyone, I just got my first Saiga 12. I remember a while back I wanted to get one but for some reason I didnt. Now all I can think about is how much fun the gun is. I have been watching the forums for a bit and you guys are great, a ton of good info here. Thank you! I got to the range the day I picked it up and Wow! I cant wait to do the conversion, and trying to decide exactly how I want to set it up. post-31293-0-24898100-1297710710_thumb.jpgpost-31293-0-01416800-1297710728_thumb.jpg

"Why didn't I buy this sooner" is a good question. I wanted a mag fed shot gun since 1970 or so and when I got the opportunity in 2006 I jumped at it. Over the years it has been my experience that if something is really cool it is just a matter of time until somebody screws things up. Starting with 1986 crap on MG manufactured prior to and moving on through the 1989 Geo. Bush Sr. ban on imports on through the Clinton Ban. Actually it started in 1934 & 1968 but that doesn't matter. If you see something that you like, get it and don't turn loose. Dream collections are made of such. :)

I agree with Torqued. I want to see more stuff blown up! LOL

1911... I agree!! In fact, I bought a couple of Saigas two weeks ago and put a third on layaway yesterday to lock in price/availability of a second shotgun. Heck, I just applied for a short-term loan from my 401K to buy Saigas in the other calibers I want. I figure, it "could be" now or never and I don't want to pay premium prices if a "B" word is about to be in effect.

Congrats, Scott. Nice looking S-12!!

Edited by Mike1234567

1911... I agree!! In fact, I bought a couple of Saigas two weeks ago and put a third on layaway yesterday to lock in price/availability of a second shotgun. Heck, I just applied for a short-term loan from my 401K to buy Saigas in the other calibers I want. I figure, it "could be" now or never and I don't want to pay premium prices if a "B" word is about to be in effect.

Congrats, Scott. Nice looking S-12!!

Good show! You wouldn't believe the difference between what I paid for my HK-93 and my HK-91. HK-93 was $600 and HK-91 was purchased following the 1989 fiasco. Suffice to say I paid more. SP-89 was like $800, look at prices now. Get em' and hang on to em' IMO. I just need to educate my kids more on what all the spares and parts are worth and what goes to what. LOL

Here is me shooting clays:

Except for the pistol grip conversion and polishing (it wasn't 100% reliably after conversion), it's stock there. I recently got a polychoke to try and help the patterning at the longer distances, but haven't got to try it out yet since the free range shut down for winter and the other one doesn't do clays.

And yeah, I think I got mine in 06 but just did the pistol grip conversion until last summer. Now THERE is something I don't know why I waited so long on.

Scott: Try it with some slugs! It's a blast.

Edited by brucey