Swap Tromix Folding Stock for Fixed Stock?

Hi,

I have a Tromix converted gun that currently has a Tromix side folding stock. While the side folding stock is cool I'd like to convert this to a fixed stock. I'd prefer a fixed stock that maintains an AK rifle look.

Has anyone been down this path before? Are there available fixed AK stocks that would be a straight bolt-on and would also allow the removal of the folding 'block'?

Thank you for your help,

Matt

Hi,

I have a Tromix converted gun that currently has a Tromix side folding stock. While the side folding stock is cool I'd like to convert this to a fixed stock. I'd prefer a fixed stock that maintains an AK rifle look.

Has anyone been down this path before? Yes Are there available fixed AK stocks that would be a straight bolt-on and would also allow the removal of the folding 'block'? No and the "block" is a welded on plate

Thank you for your help,

Matt

I could be wrong but, I think the tang needs to be cut when installing the Tromix stock. If if that's the case , I think you would have to put another folder on. The Russian ones are not cheap. They require more Work than just bolting as you probably already know. I Have seen a triangular one that bolted on but again I think it used the tang. I would be interested in what others will have to say.

Good luck,

RF

Edited by redfish28

I know you want a more traditional look, but the folding mechanism CAN be removed on the Tromix stock to turn it into a non-folder. Except for shortening it about 3/4", it would still look the same though.

I suppose a resourceful person COULD take a traditional looking stock and drill and tap the front of it to mate up with the two holes in the back of the receiver, then put two screws in from INSIDE the receiver, facing backwards into the stock. I still don't think that would be a particularly solid setup compared to the traditional tanged setup.

It isn't exactly traditional but I always thought that those wire ACE stocks looked like they belonged on an AK.If by "traditional" you mean non-AR15 stock the ACE is worth a look since it will bolt right onto the Tromix back plate.

It isn't exactly traditional but I always thought that those wire ACE stocks looked like they belonged on an AK.If by "traditional" you mean non-AR15 stock the ACE is worth a look since it will bolt right onto the Tromix back plate.

Is this the stock you're referring to? ace stock

Thank you all for your help. I'm out of town right now and don't have the gun in front of me so I couldn't check how the folding mechanism was attached.

I might just go with the short Ace stock above and look at securing/bolting the folding mechanism open. I'd like to use this as a (anti)bear gun while backpacking and I prefer a non-folding stock in this role.

Thanks again,

Matt

Edited by mwarnick

I know you want a more traditional look, but the folding mechanism CAN be removed on the Tromix stock to turn it into a non-folder. Except for shortening it about 3/4", it would still look the same though.

This would be great and is exactly what I was looking for as I also wanted to shorten the stock to make it easier to carry. Thanks for the info.

Matt