So yea...I've had my gun forever, but I just got around to cleaning it today. Main problem: I can't get it reassembled. These are supposed to be simple enough for a Russian peon to pick up on a battle field and immediately know how to work it, and I can't even figure out how to put the damn thing together.

I don't even know the names of everything, so hopefully y'all can help me out. When you rack the slide, that rod thing comes out of the gas tube. Attached to that is what looks to me like an internal hammer. I can get the bolt/rod thing to get into it's tube if the hammer-assembly isn't in the way. But when I put the hammer-assembly thing in, I can't get the rod into its tube. (I sound like an idiot). I don't have an instruction manual, and I can't find the info I need in a quick search. There's the notch cut into the rod-thing for the hammer assembly to slip up into, but I can't get the rod to go into its tube if I have the hammer thing up in the notch. If anyone knows what in the hell I'm talking about, please advise. If you don't know what I'm talking about, can you just give me instructions in your own words? Thanks!

Sincerely

Pissed off Idiot

Check the old posts, as this has been covered thoroughly. Basically the 'hammer thingie' is the bolt assembly. it must be assembled properly and the cam lug rotated forward. The parts that ride on the guides insert at the end of the reciever where the rails are cut out, and you must push down on the whole thing to push down the hammer slightly so everything will go forward.

G O B

Well once you get it back together you feel pretty GD stupid. Thanks for the info, I was just SO frustrated I didn't search back far enough in the threads. But the bugger's back together and cleaned and lubed.

The Saiga has a few quirks

Putting the bolt carrier back in is well a pain in the butt if no one showed you how to do it. Don't feel bad I had have someone show me.

Edited by topmaul

Took me a couple hours to figure it out.

Now, I can and have done it Blind Folded. :) I like to be able to field strip and assemble all of my guns blind. :)

Trick is to just make sure the extractor is on the right and angled up a tad....That is the guide that I use.

Regards, CGuns

I line up the two parts of the by the groove in them, then rotate it into the bolt carrier, and point the gas piston at the ground, and the bolt rotates forward right into place. insert the bolt assembly and gas piston into the gun with the MUZZLE OF THE GUN ON YOUR TOE. once you press the assembly in, it should just fall into battery, or come fully forward like that just with gravity.

I have the saiga manual in a link in my signature below if you want a copy of it.

Thanks Bvamp for the manual. I'm not the most observant, I've probably read 90% of your posting and never noticed it. Now I finally have a manual of my own! It feels like Christmas. Seriously. Though it was kinda nice not having it because I got to figure out a lot of stuff on my own, and learn a lot through y'all and that experiential learning has helped me get to the point where I can at least understand the manual.