Thanks to detpat I scored a new S-12 today! 22" 2001 model with the rib style sights. Decided to test it out with fellow S-12 member Aethelbert. Shot one mag full of slugs into a bin laden target woohoo! Then for the heck of it decided to see if I could bump fire it. WOW!! :eek:

All I can say is wish I had taken the 8 round mag with us! :lolol:

5 rounds = < 1.5 seconds! :devil:

Good job! How did you bump it?

I cut my thumb and hand trying to bump my S12 from the hip like

the SAR-1. Too much recoil, I guess.

Light loads set on #2.

Remington High Vel. 7oz. #8 Game loads to be exact.

Just like any AK variant from the hip one finger.

Pull forward and BBBBBRRRRRR!

AH YEE! :lolol:

TMF

F'n cool!

Been trying with target loads. Doesn't seem to like to bump with them, but...

I just had a BBQ last weekend, and just past dusk, I let some folks try the S12 out. After everyone was done I put some magnums in it and tried again.

Holy crap! That was cool. 5 in the mag and one in the pipe, all very quickly! The rapid fire and the muzzle flash at night was impressive to my guests to say the least... :super:

I see you took my advice cobra. bloodly good show! hahah. I thought i asked you to take a picture of the look on your face right after you did it? :) TOLD YOU IT WOULD WORK! hahah

with a blackjack buffer in there, the cyclic rate is faster, guys. when i did it in low light, the flame got about 12 feet long or so and sounded like an AA gun! hey it goes all OVER the place, but how can you NOT do it? now you guys gotta try the "double tap" off your shoulder. thats pretty hard with the 12 gauge, but I can do it and put them on target, so im sure you guys can do it too if you can get a good bump out of yours....

remember to really PULL on the sucker. if you arent strong enough, you need to pull both of your hands apart instead.

Interesting. When I was bumping with light loads I noticed it worked best when I was barely pulling on the gun. When I pulled too hard, it kept the trigger from resetting, so I had to ease off and I got it workin' like a champ. What's the technique for double-taps?

yeh if you pull to hard obviously it doesnt work. but the higher cyclic rate is gotten easier.

with a bump off your shoulder, you have to practice until you find the right spot to hold the gun and the right trigger hand ?tension¿ you need to get bursts or paired shots consistantly. practice it with a rifle first if you can, then work up to the 12 gauge.

It was cool as hell but I did not expect the muzzle to keep dropping down after each shot instead of the opposite. It was like I started on target 20 meters away and then watched as the thing shredded grass closer and closer to me. I will hold it up more next time! :killer:

Okay, off topic, but you mentioned buffer pad, so here goes:

Is there any reason you can't make your own buffer pad? What would be a good material to use? Actually, how dense of material, are we talking dense like tire rubber, or a kitchen sponge? Can't you guys tell I'm cheap! I had to think about buying that disk on conversions for 3 days! It was only $10!

Man you just got to make up your mind what you want and go get it. You cant do $h!t sitting on the fence.

Yes I made a buffer for mine. It was easy and took about 10 minutes. But I already had another one to look at and copy. You want something very dense like tire rubber. I used some hard recycled rubber shims they use when mounting truck bodies on frames. It has to be cut exactly the right shape with a groove in the back for the recoil spring button and a recessed hole in the front for your bolt to go into.

Yeah, I think I'm just going to buy that one, why is there nothing in the store on saiga-12.com? Is my computer f'd up, because everytime I click a link for a part it takes me to that empty webpage.

Thanks for the encouraging words cobra, BTW, the AKS-12 is BADASS!!! That's what I want mine to look like. I might go OD polymer though!

P.S. Speaking of being cheap, the "Cut-a-notch-out-of-your-safety-lever-BHO" is the only way to fly!

Thats the easy way but you can just buy one and notch the reciever for it.

The store has been closed a long time.

Thanks for the compliment. I worked my ass off on that one.

Edited by Cobra 76 two