What is going on in Texas?

First post! Woo-Hoo

Sorry if it isn't Kosher to quote from another forum on this site I'm still learning the rules but the following is verbatim from Atlantic Firearms over on ARFCOM

"... the ATF is not currently approving import Form 6 for Saiga 12 shotguns and may not until they announce their final decision on May 1 st . Their may be 1 shipment of shotguns that has already been approved that has not arrived yet in country ."

Could this be the problem?

How could Izhmash file for bankruptcy when they are selling all of those wonderful toys!:dollar:

I call bull shit on this . If there was a ban on importation there would be written proof of the ban . Sounds like a price gougeing con.:sadam:

Its not a ban...the Izhmash factory that makes the S-12 has shut down momentarily for QA problems..

..RAAC has closed...they used to be the #1 importers...

...Legion (owned by Izhmash) is the new importer...but they havent started yet I dont think...

...some other company has done a small number of imports that are currently on the market...

...but all in all, Saigas are harder to find...and more expensive...

...thats all there is to it at the moment...

I've red on Russian portal that Izhmash was going to bankruptcy late in 2010 but fortunately it did not happened. They are changing management and coming up with a new marketing and production strategy.

• 2 weeks later...

damn, im glad i bought my saiga 12 when i did. i seriously had no clue what was going on what with the ATF and the "buy now" scares.

Hopefully I can shed some light on this matter. I went to Bachman's Pawn Shop in Dallas, over the weekend. They carry Saigas .308 and 12 gauge quite frequently. I asked about the status of banning the Saiga 12 and how it will affect present to future sales.

They said that it is nothing but scare tactics. Basically the ATF is inquiring about the possibility of banning the importation of the Saiga 12. They are in the process of talking with Congress about their alleged plan. If the worst case scenario would arise, that the Saiga 12 cannot be imported to the USA, they could not block the Saiga 12 kits, and people could make Saiga 12s from kits instead.

Hopefully, this source of information is correct. I think Texas would be the last state in the country with strict gun restrictions.

Take care. John

damn, im glad i bought my saiga 12 when i did. i seriously had no clue what was going on what with the ATF and the "buy now" scares.

Hopefully I can shed some light on this matter. I went to Bachman's Pawn Shop in Dallas, over the weekend. They carry Saigas .308 and 12 gauge quite frequently. I asked about the status of banning the Saiga 12 and how it will affect present to future sales.

They said that it is nothing but scare tactics. Basically the ATF is inquiring about the possibility of banning the importation of the Saiga 12. They are in the process of talking with Congress about their alleged plan. If the worst case scenario would arise, that the Saiga 12 cannot be imported to the USA, they could not block the Saiga 12 kits, and people could make Saiga 12s from kits instead.

Hopefully, this source of information is correct. I think Texas would be the last state in the country with strict gun restrictions.

Take care. John

well, as long as the kits are available, we will always be able to get more saigas. personally though, i already own one saiga 12, i dont feel the urge to buy any more at the moment, although it would be cool to get some tactical accessories for the one i have. i really like the quad rails chaos has available.