Virgin Saiga 12 Owner

Hello everyone this is my first post here and just would like some input from you members who know all the ins and outs of this beast. Long story made short, i walked into my gun store to buy an AR-15 and somehow walked out with the paperwork for a Saiga 12 Haha, just couldn't pass this amazing creation up. Anyways, i live in CA (Unfortunately! I belong in Texas) and was wondering if you guys had any ideas, tips, or thoughts on my new purchase (Yes the gun is CA compliant with a mag lock and no more than 10 rounds). It has a pistol grip on it already, but would like to add the quad rail fore grip system, any recommended companies? I was also wondering if there was limitations to the type of 12 guage ammo you can shoot, mainly can you shoot slugs? So if you guys have any does, or don'ts please inform i would greatly appreciate it!! Thank you guys, i look forward to chatting and learning from you all.

- James

This is what i would do. Shoot it first to make sure it runs. If it doesn't and its a gas issue send it to cadiz in Ohio to fix it. Order all of your furniture from Carolina shooters. Greg is the best. As for slugs the remington slugger is my choice. They are cheap 15 for $8.97, they run clean and are very accurate from 100 yards. FYI

Edited by Jackal

Hello everyone this is my first post here and just would like some input from you members who know all the ins and outs of this beast. Long story made short, i walked into my gun store to buy an AR-15 and somehow walked out with the paperwork for a Saiga 12 Haha, just couldn't pass this amazing creation up. Anyways, i live in CA (Unfortunately! I belong in Texas) and was wondering if you guys had any ideas, tips, or thoughts on my new purchase (Yes the gun is CA compliant with a mag lock and no more than 10 rounds). It has a pistol grip on it already, but would like to add the quad rail fore grip system, any recommended companies? I was also wondering if there was limitations to the type of 12 guage ammo you can shoot, mainly can you shoot slugs? So if you guys have any does, or don'ts please inform i would greatly appreciate it!! Thank you guys, i look forward to chatting and learning from you all.

- James

Unscrew the gas valve and see if you can distinctly see all three gas ports. If you can only see one, or see one and barely see the other two, contact cadiz for a repair. I shot 15 slugs through mine. Had to set it to number two for it to work. Took it apart, saw the blocked ports, called cadiz, and they told me to send it to them.

Be prepared to not have your gun for 30 to 45 days. :(

I am no one and I am new myself but I'll say just get to the range and shoot it. With all the old post about them not running I was worried about what I would have to do too. I may have gotten lucky but mine was made in 09 and ran everything out of the box except Winchester low brass Wal-Mart stuff. Just get out and shoot the thing. :killer:

Then come back and search what you need to learn. Anything you can't find then just ask.