Saiganov at the range

Took my baby to the range on the weekend .

IMG_0957-1.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0959-1.jpg

2010-07-12125229.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

I laser bore it at home,so you can see my first eight shots and after that my daughter was hitting all shotgun clay pigeon Targets, 4 inches in diameter at 100 yards all day long

Scope started to move forward after 20 rounds , so I tightened it,and it was solid after 200+ rounds.

Edited by atakacorp
  • Like 1

Thanks.

I had upper an lower hand guards from my PSL(I dressed her in Poly)and Dragunov style stock for AK,gas tube and lower hand guard retainer, used PSL's scope as well. The hardest part was removing crappy polish from the wood ,

P.S.

bullet guide on the way

DSC05697.jpg

Edited by atakacorp

This range is in Petaluma Ca, 50 min from SF, the only 300 yard range in bay area, very good folks, AK friendly if you know what i mean :rolleyes:

Lots of hunters and military people,hunting and war stories all day long :lolol:

Edited by atakacorp

This range is in Petaluma Ca, 50 min from SF, the only 300 yard range in bay area, very good folks, AK friendly if you know what i mean :rolleyes:

Lots of hunters and military people,hunting and war stories all day long :lolol:

I knew that range looked familiar. I guess i must of went on an odd day, the guy there had a stick up his ass at the time.

I knew that range looked familiar. I guess i must of went on an odd day, the guy there had a stick up his ass at the time.

I am there on Mondays and Thursdays , Navy guy in charge,donuts and coffee :super:

• 3 weeks later...

awesome.looks like psl has a little brother :super: i have to ask though,how did you get the 4xpsl scope to mount on the saiga rail.reason i ask cause i have an 8x on order for my psl and would like to throw the 4x on my saiga thats just sitting there in the box.

Fantastic looking rifle! Thats pretty much exactly what I want to do to mine.

Where did you get the fore grip from, and was it difficult to install? Im interested in the black synthetic one...

Thanks!

Thanks man.

check this post I have some pics,how I did it

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/13290-picture-postlets-see-your-762x39/page__st__1410

I added bukelite mag to it,looks great going to post pic,when my daughter will give me her camera :rolleyes:

awesome.looks like psl has a little brother :super: i have to ask though,how did you get the 4xpsl scope to mount on the saiga rail.reason i ask cause i have an 8x on order for my psl and would like to throw the 4x on my saiga thats just sitting there in the box.

Scope will fit ,the only problem it will move forward after 40-60 rounds,make sure its very tight.

PS scope goes from the front of the rail, pull the iron sight up,so it wont be on the way :super:

Edited by atakacorp

Scope will fit ,the only problem it will move forward after 40-60 rounds,make sure its very tight.

PS scope goes from the front of the rail, pull the iron sight up,so it wont be on the way :super:

Actually the LPS/Tip 2 isn't designed to fit the AK74M/AK100 series rail found on the Saiga and that's exactly why it's sliding forward. It should mount on the rail from the back but the center rivet/pin is blocked by the design of the Saiga rail. The center rivet/pin is what stops it from sliding forward under recoil but mounting it from the front doesn't give it anything to push against.

LPS's are decent scopes but in this case the rail is an issue, I don't think you will be able to tighten it enough to prevent it from sliding forward.

Z

Actually the LPS/Tip 2 isn't designed to fit the AK74M/AK100 series rail found on the Saiga and that's exactly why it's sliding forward. It should mount on the rail from the back but the center rivet/pin is blocked by the design of the Saiga rail. The center rivet/pin is what stops it from sliding forward under recoil but mounting it from the front doesn't give it anything to push against.

LPS's are decent scopes but in this case the rail is an issue, I don't think you will be able to tighten it enough to prevent it from sliding forward.

Z

Thanks ,Zen, I knew it would be a challenge, I have 8X on my Saiga 30-06, so I familiar on the rail differences. What do you guys think about this bubba fix of this problem? :rolleyes:

I am thinking to drill and top rail,longer screw ,you can see where on the pic

IMG_0965.jpg

Edited by atakacorp

Thanks Zen, I knew it would be a challenge, I have 8X on my Saiga 30-06, so I familiar on the rail differences. What do you guys think about this bubba fix of this problem? :rolleyes:

Instead of the bubba fix what about trying to swap the LPS mount for an AK mount? I have an LPS I can try it out with and let you know if it works. I know it works for POSP type scopes, and if it does for the LPS also then you can spend a couple bucks to swap to the AK mount that should stay tight and work for the long run.

Z

Thanks Zen, I knew it would be a challenge, I have 8X on my Saiga 30-06, so I familiar on the rail differences. What do you guys think about this bubba fix of this problem? :rolleyes:

Instead of the bubba fix what about trying to swap the LPS mount for an AK mount? I have an LPS I can try it out with and let you know if it works. I know it works for POSP type scopes, and if it does for the LPS also then you can spend a couple bucks to swap to the AK mount that should stay tight and work for the long run.

Z

Great idea Z, I hate to drill extra halls in the rifle :lolol:

I'll wait for the go on the mounts :super:

Edited by atakacorp

It works, you most certainly can swap the LPS SVD base with an AK mount.

Depending on the scope it could require some dremelling on the rear post to get the mount and the LPS posts to seat properly, I had some of the usual trouble getting the screws to seat just right. My AK mount could probably use a 32nd of an inch shaved off to make it flush mounted but I do believe with 4 screws and maybe some locktite it would hold up in the field just fine.

So swapping the base should solve the issue of it walking forward. I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow evening.

Z