question about Tapco gas puck

I like my stock gas puck just fine but I purchased a cheap $7 Tapco one for a 922r compliant part.

The only thing is, I have noticed that the Tapco puck seems to gum up with powder more than my stock

puck did and the stuff hardly come off, even using a wire brush and Gun Scrubber.

I'm using the same ammo as before so that hasn't changed.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I like my stock gas puck just fine but I purchased a cheap $7 Tapco one for a 922r compliant part.

The only thing is, I have noticed that the Tapco puck seems to gum up with powder more than my stock

puck did and the stuff hardly come off, even using a wire brush and Gun Scrubber.

I'm using the same ammo as before so that hasn't changed.

Has anyone else noticed this?

What do you expect from a $7 part? I dont think their tolerances are right...

Go with the Kingston Armory Gas Tappet...Some here would suggest the GoGun puck, but IMHO the company isnt on the up and up about some things...

Edited by Xitesmai
  • 4 months later...

I've noticed that people don't have great luck with the tapco pucks. They have be known to cause cycling issues as well as the twister pucks are junk. I would invest, for less than 25 or 30 bucks in either a CSS puck or an MD arms or a chaos puck.

I've noticed that people don't have great luck with the tapco pucks. They have be known to cause cycling issues as well as the twister pucks are junk. I would invest, for less than 25 or 30 bucks in either a CSS puck or an MD arms or a chaos puck.

Chaos does not list a puck on their products page..........

Chaos does not list a puck on their products page..........

Sorry, maybe he doesn't sell them anymore. I use one, but I got it a while ago. MD Arms or CSS it is then. :lolol:

Edited by Rangerguy

I'm gonna say its doing that because it says Tapco on it. I had some bad experiences with their products with my AR, stuff failed big time, so i got rid of any tapco stuff on my S12. And like stated before, $7 parts give $7 results. Just go with a different puck, you'll be fine