AO 1911A1 100 Year Anniversary

Well, I pulled the trigger and placed one on layaway thru buds. Wow, as soon as I did they were 'out of stock'. I hope it is a good one....was waiting for the SA 1911 GI, but tired of waiting. I have read good things recently about the AO's since Kahr took them over. Anyone have experience with them? As you can probably tell, wasn't looking for a Kimber or high end Colt...just a traditional WWII reproduction. Think this will do. Gave my SA XD45 to my buddy as a going away gift...he did 3 combat tours recently so just my way of saying thank you. When I receive it (about 1.5 month), will post some pics.

Well, I pulled the trigger and placed one on layaway thru buds. Wow, as soon as I did they were 'out of stock'. I hope it is a good one....was waiting for the SA 1911 GI, but tired of waiting. I have read good things recently about the AO's since Kahr took them over. Anyone have experience with them? As you can probably tell, wasn't looking for a Kimber or high end Colt...just a traditional WWII reproduction. Think this will do. Gave my SA XD45 to my buddy as a going away gift...he did 3 combat tours recently so just my way of saying thank you. When I receive it (about 1.5 month), will post some pics.

I have a 09 built parkerized. version of AO's 1911. This was my first 1911, and Ive been very pleased with the fit, finish, and overall reliability of it thus far. I had researched it heavily prior to purchasing it, and heard the same thing about the pre Kahr built AO's. The only upgrade to mine, is VZ operator grips..other than that bone stock, and she runs flawlessly, even with JHP's..I polished the feed ramp to help with this as they have been said to not feet HP rounds reliably, but I haven't had an issue since I polished the feed ramp. Nice solid basic, 1911.

Cant wait to see some pics of it...

Jeff (teet)

100_3541.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

No problem....you'll love yours! Mine is one of my favorite pistols to shoot. It just feels comfortable, and super fun to shoot. Check out VZ grips too, def a big improvement over the stock GI style grips.

Jeff (teet)

Edited by teet

Well damn if the 1911 bug didn't bite and infect me! Buds FINALLY got in a RIA 1911 14 round pistol and BAM, I snatched it up! So now, I have one to keep and shoot, and one to keep and shoot and modify! The next 11 weeks will kill me waiting! Man, life is GOOD!

Well, BAM right back at me! Buds treated me like a 1 legged hooker and sold my 'reserved' 1911ANN Auto Ord to someone else, and just cancelled my order. Rotten Bastards. OK, so regardless, I still have the RIA API 1911A2 14 round model on layaway...but they are on thin ice right now. Have purchased numerous times from them and this is what I get in return. Oh well, probably better off without the Anniversay Model....that way I can modify it to my hearts content without ruining its value. Still an option for the future though.....and I am still waiting on a answer from them on how can they receive my payment...then cancel my order??? Oh well, life goes on....and life is good! Semper Fi!

You know, with everything going on in the world, and here I am bitching about not having some material item.......it could always be worse!

Did they offer any reason for selling a weapon promised to you, to another party? If it's a legitimate error, and they kissed your ass and did what was needed to make it right, that's one thing. If they sold it to someone else, and shrugged it off without trying to rectify the situation, fuck 'em - I'd take my money back on the other pistol and buy the same weapon from a dealer who gives a shit about their customers.

My $.03, because it's worth more than average.

• Like 1

Haven't heard from them yet. Kind of pisses me off because they received my check on Monday, then sent me a email on Tuesday saying it was cancelled (the gun, not the check). That is what pisses me off. Up to this point, they have been spot on, 100% reliable, and exactly what they said they would do. So, I will wait and see. I do believe this will be the last item I purchase from them. What a shame.

I was hoping Colt would released 100 anni models, with the original style trigger, grip safety, and mainspring housing, as well as the other 1911 nuances, but oh well :(

ETA: Just saw them on the website. The price is not right. For $400 I can call up a dealer and get an M1911 produced in 1914, which I'd be more happy with in the end.

Edited by VaiFanatic

I bought a good pistol from Bud's at a decent price a few months back.

However, I gunbroker won it, then immediately sent payment info, then went back to work.

Then, I had to enter the info through their gimp-ass site that night.

Then, I had to tell them the next day that the FFL was on file.

Then, I had to email them the next day, that, again, the FFL I wanted to use was on file.

Then, I had to CALL them, to make sure the FFL I wanted to use was on the order....it wasn't.

Then, I had to wait for the weekend before they shipped it.

In other words, when they say it could take up to 7 business days to ship, it's true, because

they're a bunch of inbred retards....even by Kentucky standards.