Ace Stock Length

I'm about to convert my Saiga-12 and want to use an Ace Stock like the one pictured below WITH a folding adaptor:

saigaL3.jpg

Since they come in 7.5", 8.5" and 9.5" I'm not sure what length I want to order.

If you have one of the three lengths AND a folding adaptor can you please post the measurement from the back of the stock to the back of the receiver.

Thank you for your help.

I have the 8.5" with the folding mechanism and it is right at 10".

The 8.5" stock is actually 9" with the incuded 1/2" rubber buttstock. When I bought mine I went ahead and ordered a spare 1" rubber just in case the stock was too short but I think I like it better with the 1/2" rubber.

Edited by bc5000

No prob...I misread your original post and thought you meant LOP.

I went down the same road awhile back. Corbin was kind enough to measure his for me so I could figure out which one to pick up.

Good luck on yours.

I have the 8.5" stock, with 1" rubber pad, and the folding mech. The total length from the back of the receiver to the middle of the pad (measured as shown in MNO's pic) is 10-3/8". Feels perfect to me as far as LOP...on the other hand, I'm not picky about that shit. When I was a kid, I adjusted to whatever my dad let me shoot....when I was in the Marines, the rifle was never wrong, I was. So yeah, I don't sweat the small shit.

I just put a 7.5 Ace on mine with the standard 1/2 inch pad, that it comes with, and an Ace push-button folder. I set it up to fold to the left (looking down from the top) which puts the larger protrusion of the hinge right in front of my face when I sight the weapon. I haven't shot it since the mod but I feel like it might tear my nose off if I'm not careful.

I'm thinking I might have been better off with the 8.5. BTW, I'm 6ft tall with average length arms and shoulders. I'll take it out this weekend and test it.

Black eyes = Should have gotten the 8.5.

post-27239-0-42030100-1300168098_thumb.jpg

Awhile back I was debating putting a folder on an S12. Thought about 7.5" with 1" (not .5") pad but was concerned it might be too close to the face for a 12 gauge. The wife likes a long LOP so I went a different direction for the shotgun.

We both like the LOP on the 5.45 folder so I stuck pads on the Warsaw socks to make them all equal.

warsawPAD.jpg?t=1300220817