looks like a later russian model the earlier ones had slightly different cutouts on the slide.

heres a link. if you look at the top of the grip in youre pick next to the manufature date, you can clearly see izmash's factory stamp (triangle with arrow) romanias is similar but not exact.

heres a comparison link

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg/rus/tokarev-tt-e.html

Edited by psl sniper

Russian from the 50s. It HAD a safety added by the importer (Century) but at some point one of its owners took the safety off.

Russian ones are hard(er) to find but its not some rare GI bring back from Korea or Vietnam or any other conflict zone.

Nice find though!

Russian from the 50s. It HAD a safety added by the importer (Century) but at some point one of its owners took the safety off.

Russian ones are hard(er) to find but its not some rare GI bring back from Korea or Vietnam or any other conflict zone.

Nice find though!

i was kind of wondering why the guy at the range was about to pee on himself. the tt is in pretty good shape but i didnt think it was a big deal. i like it shoots great but didnt now much about the lineage. the last thing i want is something i am afraid to shoot (devalue). i do not have any safe queens. if i cant dump 100+rounds thru it at the range whats the point. thats why i deferred to the wisdom here. i suspected there were folks here with more background with this than me.

On the second pic u have 2 divits under the slide that was for the safety. One would be fire, the other safe. The screw underneath is where the safety lever was held. This was to meet safety requirements when importing into the US. Original TTs don't have safeties (well the half cock safety)

However Russian TTs go for a lot more then others. Depanding on condition. I've den them from $400-$800

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a Russian TT-33 Tokarev I picked up last week . It's a G.I. WWII bring back with all matching numbers including the magazine . Now I need to go out and shoot it . I picked up 5 tins of surplus ammo at the gun show so I'm good to go for ammo .post-28793-0-60085100-1301513906_thumb.jpg

Just thought I'd share a pic .

Just thought I'd post a picture of this original TT-33 so the guy can see the difference to his .Now that I bought all this surplus ammo (5 tins) for this TT-33 I just ordered a Yugo M 57 Tokarev to help shoot it . I'll shoot the Russian now and then but because it's collectible I'll blast this Yugo Tokarev most of the time . That is when I get it .