I got this one question I am dying to ask? remember LA/Katrina, guns t

That's scary to think it really happened...... I wonder if it would happen differently in other states/areas... California police are always taking guns if a crime happens say in some ones house, there have been cases where they take guns that are not evidence belonging to the home owner, and were not part of any crime.

Edited by Dandiesel

Yup. Mods please move to appropriate section of the forum. Thanks.

To the OP: I'm sure you'll get all the responses you'll want once this is moved to the appropriate section. Your topic has nothing to do with the S-12.

Cheers.

Well, the news didn't show it, but officers did go around and confiscate guns from people during Katrina. It's very scary.

What I would do is plan. You have to work with your neighbors. YOu block off your road and post a sentry. When the cops come and draw down on him you draw down on them. You then tell them to beat it or get shot. It's horrible, but there is no way I'm letting someone take my guns in a Katrina type situation and leave me with nothing to defend my family with. No way. To be honest, I never thought that would have happened and I'm sorta glad it did. Now I know. If a disator hits and I see cops coming I won't trust them. I'll try to talk to them first, but at least I won't be totally taken by surprise like those people were.

My link

• Like 2

thanks for the link! i will check them out! but I guess curiosity killed the cat on this one! sorry you pc'rs nothing against cats either! just got caught up in the idea! never again!

Well, the news didn't show it, but officers did go around and confiscate guns from people during Katrina. It's very scary.

What I would do is plan. You have to work with your neighbors. YOu block off your road and post a sentry. When the cops come and draw down on him you draw down on them. You then tell them to beat it or get shot. It's horrible, but there is no way I'm letting someone take my guns in a Katrina type situation and leave me with nothing to defend my family with. No way. To be honest, I never thought that would have happened and I'm sorta glad it did. Now I know. If a disator hits and I see cops coming I won't trust them. I'll try to talk to them first, but at least I won't be totally taken by surprise like those people were.

My link

Despite the laughable jab in the OP's question I will also respond:

If it is a SHTF scenerio then my registered arms will be of no importance, the government will not waste time hunting down every person in my state with a shotgun/rifle for hunting. Many groups are prepared to band together to keep some normalcy in society. Now if laws come down that restrict firearms then I as a law abiding citizen will trust in our system of checks and balances.

OP,. disregard the people that are acting like douche bags. These people have issues. Small penis, no control over their own lives, and aren't even a mod here. But they sure will take the time out to make you feel like shit and yell at you. When all they had to do is say yes, you dun goofed and posted in the incorrect forum. They could have showed you the correct forum. They took the opportunity to act like assholes to a stranger instead of just helping you out. OR, they could have said nothing and just reported this to the mods who then could deal with it.

Most people have deep seeded issues and are dickbags because they secretly are unhappy with themselves. Don't sweat them. Next time, try to read and look around before you post so you don't goof again though. :)

Katrina may have been a blessing in disguise. The NOPD never met an abuse of power they didn't like and they didn't miss the opportunity to tack wholesale gun confiscation onto their list. It's unfortunate for those affected by it but the good news is that they were so proud of what they did that there is now plenty of video tape out there for people to see this with their own eyes and they will anticipate it could happen to them. Some states have enacted legislation to prevent it from happening to them. I seriously doubt that we will ever see that happen again in that way but if it does happen I intend to outsmart anybody intent on taking my guns, not get into unnecessary gun battles.

Edited by DogMan

Katrina may have been a blessing in disguise. The NOPD never met an abuse of power they didn't like and they didn't miss the opportunity to tack wholesale gun confiscation onto their list. It's unfortunate for those affected by it but the good news is that they were so proud of what they did that there is now plenty of video tape out there for people to see this with their own eyes and they will anticipate it could happen to them. Some states have enacted legislation to prevent it from happening to them. I seriously doubt that we will ever see that happen again in that way but if it does happen I intend to outsmart anybody intent on taking my guns, not get into unnecessary gun battles.

I hear you DogMan. Not that I dispute any of what you've written, but what if any, gun battle would be necessary in your view? Why own something then that was legal at sunrise, which your government can make illegal to own by sunset?

For the OP: This guy states my position far more eloquently than I could:

Declaration of Noncompliance (by J.D. Tuccille)

We have seen our nation turned from one based in liberty to one based in expediency. We have seen Constitutional protections for fundamental individual rights eroded by government that is actively hostile to the legacy of individual sovereignty we inherited from the American Revolution, and abandoned by countrymen who have surrendered to fear, laziness, and complacency. We are entangled in laws that portray natural rights as vices and attack them in the name of false security, and by government that grows like a cancer until it occupies every area of human life. We find our speech threatened, our communications spied upon, our privacy violated, our finances probed, our bedrooms monitored, our bodies controlled, our businesses regulated, our property stolen, our income taxed into nonexistence, and ourselves disarmed by officials who find comfort in the thought of prostrate subjects. We have seen people fined, imprisoned, and even murdered by officials for doing no more than acting on their liberty in ways that draw the displeasure of those who treat independence as a threat and the coercive power of the state as a plaything.

To our neighbors who have lost their faith in freedom, we quote Benjamin Franklin: "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." The trade of liberty for promises of security is always a bad one, for it exchanges a priceless necessity for a hollow comfort that can not be guaranteed. To the politicians and officials who treat our rights as if they were privileges that they might limit or remove at will, we say that we have had enough. You have overstepped your bounds and cut away at that which no government, no legislature, no agency, no referendum, no quorum, no majority, and no power of any sort may trespass against except at its own peril. By your actions, you have deprived the institutions in which you do your worst of their legitimacy.

From this day forward, we vow that we will no longer be bound by statutes, edicts, judicial decisions, or administrative regulations that violate our inalienable rights. We pledge to practice principled noncompliance with such impermissible restrictions on our liberty, and to encourage others to do the same. We pledge to monitor the activities of politicians and government bureaucrats who threaten liberty, and to share such information as we gather with others who also value freedom so that those who engage in abuses can not hide behind official anonymity. We pledge to treat our presence in the jury room as an opportunity to engage in the ancient right of jury nullification, by avowing the innocence of those who have run afoul of one of the multitude of statutes and regulations that infringe liberty, for such people are truly innocent of any real crime.

We pledge to otherwise assist those who have incurred official wrath for doing no more than exercising their rights in ways that are forbidden by the whim of the state.

We further pledge, to the best of our abilities, to obstruct continued intrusions by the state upon our liberty, and to impede the enforcement of such violations of our rights as are already in place.

We make this declaration only after due consideration, and after long and continued provocation. We do this not to turn our backs on our friends, relatives, and neighbors who have been duped into abandoning liberty, but to defend the rights whose value they have forgotten for them as well as ourselves. We hope that our example will serve as an inspiration.

I don't own any guns, but if I did... :angel:

Edited by Kevin in Texas
  • Like 1

I hear you DogMan. Not that I dispute any of what you've written, but what if any, gun battle would be necessary in your view? Why own something then that was legal at sunrise, which your government can make illegal to own by sunset?

For the OP: This guy states my position far more eloguently than I could:

Declaration of Noncompliance (by J.D. Tuccille)

We have seen our nation turned from one based in liberty to one based in expediency. We have seen Constitutional protections for fundamental individual rights eroded by government that is actively hostile to the legacy of individual sovereignty we inherited from the American Revolution, and abandoned by countrymen who have surrendered to fear, laziness, and complacency. We are entangled in laws that portray natural rights as vices and attack them in the name of false security, and by government that grows like a cancer until it occupies every area of human life. We find our speech threatened, our communications spied upon, our privacy violated, our finances probed, our bedrooms monitored, our bodies controlled, our businesses regulated, our property stolen, our income taxed into nonexistence, and urselves disarmed by officials who find comfort in the thought of prostrate subjects. We have seen people fined, imprisoned, and even murdered by officials for doing no more than acting on their liberty in ways that draw the displeasure of those who treat independence as a threat and the coercive power of the state as a plaything.

To our neighbors who have lost their faith in freedom, we quote Benjamin Franklin: "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." The trade of liberty for promises of security is always a bad one, for it exchanges a priceless necessity for a hollow comfort that can not be guaranteed. To the politicians and officials who treat our rights as if they were privileges that they might limit or remove at will, we say that we have had enough. You have overstepped your bounds and cut away at that which no government, no legislature, no agency, no referendum, no quorum, no majority, and no power of any sort may trespass against except at its own peril. By your actions, you have deprived the institutions in which you do your worst of their legitimacy.

From this day forward, we vow that we will no longer be bound by statutes, edicts, judicial decisions, or administrative regulations that violate our inalienable rights. We pledge to practice principled noncompliance with such impermissible restrictions on our liberty, and to encourage others to do the same. We pledge to monitor the activities of politicians and government bureaucrats who threaten liberty, and to share such information as we gather with others who also value freedom so that those who engage in abuses can not hide behind official anonymity. We pledge to treat our presence in the jury room as an opportunity to engage in the ancient right of jury nullification, by avowing the innocence of those who have run afoul of one of the multitude of statutes and regulations that infringe liberty, for such people are truly innocent of any real crime.

We pledge to otherwise assist those who have incurred official wrath for doing no more than exercising their rights in ways that are forbidden by the whim of the state.

We further pledge, to the best of our abilities, to obstruct continued intrusions by the state upon our liberty, and to impede the enforcement of such violations of our rights as are already in place.

We make this declaration only after due consideration, and after long and continued provocation. We do this not to turn our backs on our friends, relatives, and neighbors who have been duped into abandoning liberty, but to defend the rights whose value they have forgotten for them as well as ourselves. We hope that our example will serve as an inspiration.

I don't own any guns, but if I did... :angel:

I have no intention of giving up my guns. I just don't have any plans to let it get to a point where I have to die defending them with force. What's the point in that? I won't have a whole squad to back me up like the other side will so I have to be smarter, which isn't that difficult. If you want to shoot it out and die for your principals, I have no problem with that either.

I have no intention of giving up my guns. I just don't have any plans to let it get to a point where I have to die defending them with force. What's the point in that? I won't have a whole squad to back me up like the other side will so I have to be smarter, which isn't that difficult. If you want to shoot it out and die for your principals, I have no problem with that either.

I'm glad to hear that you wouldn't give up your guns. Whether you intend to hide them, give them to a trusted person, or fight it out with those who would take them; you're still defying unjust actions. That's to be applauded, and supported. No healthy, liberty-loving person wants to "shoot it out and die for [his] principles" as you put it, but I do believe that some things are worth dying for. Also, I do hold to the belief that when you feel the need to bury your guns, its time to dig them up because your government no longer has your back. In closing, I have witnessed in my own lifetime solitary acts of defiance that have inspired entire movements, and changed lives. We can never fully know the impact of our own actions; but when the cause is just, I'll support/protect those who DO act. Thanks for a civil discourse, DogMan.

A 'No' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble.-- M. Gandhi

Edited by Kevin in Texas