help saiga 12 not cycling

ok So let me start by telling my Saiga 12 i bought stock has bee firing flawless on cheap federal ammo from wally world all the time. even on setting 1 after i broke her in. now i put on this UTG quad rail and it wont cycle it at all..every darn round sticks..i noticed this gas exhaust port on the side that i can tell gas is coming out of..which i didnt see before i dont think with my stock hand guard on it. is this suppose to be open to atmosphere completely?. i have the utg pro quad rail...other then that i have no idea what could be causing it.can anyone help?

ok So let me start by telling my Saiga 12 i bought stock has bee firing flawless on cheap federal ammo from wally world all the time. even on setting 1 after i broke her in. now i put on this UTG quad rail and it wont cycle it at all..every darn round sticks..i noticed this gas exhaust port on the side that i can tell gas is coming out of..which i didnt see before i dont think with my stock hand guard on it. is this suppose to be open to atmosphere completely?. i have the utg pro quad rail...other then that i have no idea what could be causing it.can anyone help?

Someone already reported this issue. Search the forum. You may want to drill a hole in you quad rail right beside that exhaust hole on gas tube.

Someone already reported this issue. Search the forum. You may want to drill a hole in you quad rail right beside that exhaust hole on gas tube.

why when i can see the gas exhaust hole completley?

i took off the top of the quad rail..still not cycling..

now i put on this UTG quad rail and it wont cycle it at all..

Some of the quad rails put too much pressure on the gas tube.

Straight OP rod will not travel through a curved tube.

Go here some people have no issues with rails others have had many. The first thing you should do is go back to what you had when it worked and make sure it works. Do a little searching for the gas plug hole fix, implement it and try again. You may find out you will have to go with some other style of fore grip to keep the gun FTE and FTF free.

Edited by Dad2142Dad

Go here some people have no issues with rails others have had many. The first thing you should do is go back to what you had when it worked and make sure it works. Do a little searching for the gas plug hole fix, implement it and try again. You may find out you will have to go with some other style of fore grip to keep the gun FTE and FTF free.

+1. Put it back to factory config to see if it works. If it doesnt work, its not the quad rail.

why when i can see the gas exhaust hole completley?

Some other rails block the hole, hes got the UTG confused with one of those. There shouldn't be any issue with the hole being uncovered, its more likely something else, do your piston and puck travel smoothly with the rail in place?

yeah my piston and puck travel just as smooth as the did i guess..i made sure the 3 gas holes i have were not plugged..took the top rail off..thus making it a tri rail..stll did not cycle...tomorrow i will take the quad rail off and put on the stock hand guard and see if it cycles., just i keep thinking about the side gas port that now shows..maybe my stock hand guard covered it and by coveiring it it held just enough pressure in there to cycle..like i said i was cycling wally world bulk ammo on setting #1..cycled flawless..only thing i have done is put on this utg quad rail..and a raa skeleton stock.

Simple test..... put the factory hand guard back on and try it. If it works, you know the problem is UTG.

The hole on the side is probably not the problem. Many people have rails that expose this hole. I have a Chaos quad and no problems. How is the bottom part of the rail mounted. Is it too tight? This can cause problems.