Stupid or Fun? gonna do it anyway can you help

Converted the siaga 223 and came out nice my son wants for it to bump fire a lil better NOT AUTO I know but he's a man and going to do it and I trust him

As dose he trust me to make it work safe we got the SKSs going well.

Now what he is lookin for is shoulder bumpfire and is it legal to alter it for that?

Edited by DADSWICKEDAMMO

Stupid or fun, so long as you're safe.

Bumpfiring is legal. Most of those trigger attachments you see in gun magazines supposedly make it easier to bumpfire (hellfire, etc), but are often more "gadgety" than anything. A rubber band pulling the trigger forward does the same thing. That's not even needed however.

You don't have to modify anything on the rifle in order for it to bumpfire. It's mainly about technique. You just hold the trigger finger stiff with a loose grip and pull the rifle forward with the support hand. Recoil does the rest. Be aware that every so often, you should expect a FTF, as most bumpfire videos show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lzXCCnYQS4&feature=related

A couple years back, a company produced the "Atkin's Accelerator". It was a stock that went on a 10/22 and allowed the action to recoil inside the stock. It had a spring that pushed the action back forward (and into your trigger finger). I understand the ATF originally OKd the thing, but later concluded that the spring inside made it full auto, and banned the spring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P8AbTKvykE

I can't find the video, but I've seen a couple folks do a simliar slide stock for an AK (without the spring). It's a neat idea, but IMO it's not necessary.

Edited by Corbin

Stupid or fun, so long as you're safe.

Bumpfiring is legal. Most of those trigger attachments you see in gun magazines supposedly make it easier to bumpfire (hellfire, etc), but are often more "gadgety" than anything. A rubber band pulling the trigger forward does the same thing. That's not even needed however.

You don't have to modify anything on the rifle in order for it to bumpfire. It's mainly about technique. You just hold the trigger finger stiff with a loose grip and pull the rifle forward with the support hand. Recoil does the rest. Be aware that every so often, you should expect a FTF, as most bumpfire videos show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lzXCCnYQS4&feature=related

A couple years back, a company produced the "Atkin's Accelerator". It was a stock that went on a 10/22 and allowed the action to recoil inside the stock. It had a spring that pushed the action back forward (and into your trigger finger). I understand the ATF originally OKd the thing, but later concluded that the spring inside made it full auto, and banned the spring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P8AbTKvykE

I can't find the video, but I've seen a couple folks do a simliar slide stock for an AK (without the spring). It's a neat idea, but IMO it's not necessary.

There was a guy on here producing a bumpfire stock, can't remember who, though. It wasn't that expensive, and he had it approved by the ATF. It came with a certification letter and everything.

It was more of a person than a company...but I suppose he made it into a company venture...and the pre-approval was more like indian giving really...