First post here guys, long time Kalashnikov owner though (since 1988). An AK was my first ever gun purchase at age 18...my beloved Polytech Spiker....anyways...glad to be here and new to the Saiga's. Does anybody like the IZ's as they come from Izhmash? Do any of you keep a stock one to shoot? Just curious because I think they look cool both ways.:super:

I ran my x39 for about a month in it's imported config for popping groundhogs when I lived in Ohio. It serves that purpose well, but I have to say that after I dropped in the Tapco G2 FCG, I don't think I'd ever run without one again. The pull is so much more crisp and controlled.

Now that I live in PA it really doesn't matter; can't use a semi-auto for any kind of hunting. Hard to believe our neighbors to the North in New York can now hunt with semi-autos and we can't... go figure. :unsure:

I have a converted S12 and AK, my .308 is not yet converted. The 308 would probably be the easiest to leave stock. The other two just have to many fun toys not too convert. Although my parts are starting to arrive for the 308 and the conversions are fun too :smoke:

Oh yeah, have several I'm keeping in the stock configuration. One S-12 I took the wood sporter furniture off my .308 I converted, and fitted it to the 12...feels much better like that and with the longer wood HG it even makes the barrel appear shorter.

Then there's a couple of really early imports (pre 2000) that have the 22" fixed full choke barrel...I'm leaving them stock....great shooters. Same with a 2001 model that came with factory Russian woodland camo and matching mag. Not converting that one. The newer ones all have conversions done though. I did keep one x39 bone stock because it was one of the first ones to come in with dimples and the extra "Y" stamp. It has the factory skeleton stock on it so it's still pretty comfortable to shoot.