Finally shot the S-12 post conversion.

Thanks to all the info here and the videos on the CSS site, i converted and got my 3 ports 3/32".

Gun had a few FTE issues out of the box so i decided to take the plunge.

Got out to some family owned land for a fun afternoon with some friends. Put 200rds of federal bulk through it with ZERO issues. A hillbilly deputy sheriff showed up about 50rds in because the neighbors were pissed. He said he personally didnt care if we were blowing up claymores he just had to come and make sure we were being safe. He asked about 20 questions about the saiga so i loaded up two AGP 10rd'ers and asked if hed like to try it. Cop shot it and said it was one of the most badass things hes seen in a while. lol

Moral of the story is THANKS for all the helpful info here and thank god for redneck cops. lulz

Houge PG

CAA tube

Magpul MOE stock

Tromix FCG

CSS trigger guard

CSS BHO

JTE main spring

MD v-plug

Chaos quad

SOG VFG

Aim sport rt-403 optic

DPH flame brake

JTE extended mag release

Tapco intrafuse sling

Polished and profiled internals

3 ports @3/32"

post-28974-0-08108200-1301804290_thumb.jpg

Edited by slostang

Good job on the conversion.

It's always nice to have a Police Officer appreciate your gear. I live in a small town and know pretty much all the Police force (all 6 of them :rolleyes: ). In fact, about half have been to my place shooting at my "range" out back. One time, a Police buddy asked to bring along an ATF friend of his to shoot HIS guns. An MP5 and Israeli Uzi. At the time, I had a nosey neighbor that used to be a security guard at the mall or something. He took himself WAY to seriously.

He stood on the property line with his hands on his hips while the ATF guy shot his MP5. "What you got there?" He inquired. I answered an MP5. "Well, what would the Police have to say about that?" We all turned and looked at him like he was an idiot (he was). My Police buddy pointed at his friend and said "Ask THIS guy. He's a Federal Agent!". My neighbor just turned and walked back to his house.

Apparently his mall cop status (or crossing guard or whatever the hell he was) didn't impress everyone. :lolol:

Good job on the conversion.

It's always nice to have a Police Officer appreciate your gear. I live in a small town and know pretty much all the Police force (all 6 of them :rolleyes: ). In fact, about half have been to my place shooting at my "range" out back. One time, a Police buddy asked to bring along an ATF friend of his to shoot HIS guns. An MP5 and Israeli Uzi. At the time, I had a nosey neighbor that used to be a security guard at the mall or something. He took himself WAY to seriously.

He stood on the property line with his hands on his hips while the ATF guy shot his MP5. "What you got there?" He inquired. I answered an MP5. "Well, what would the Police have to say about that?" We all turned and looked at him like he was an idiot (he was). My Police buddy pointed at his friend and said "Ask THIS guy. He's a Federal Agent!". My neighbor just turned and walked back to his house.

Apparently his mall cop status (or crossing guard or whatever the hell he was) didn't impress everyone. :lolol:

HAHA priceless!

We had a county-mounty show up while I was shooting mine. He asked to see our IDs and the gun and we told him to get the hell off our property since he was trespassing.

He refused so I asked why he came out, he said, "Noise complaints" well, that's a city ordinance and we aren't in the city... So he left. I refuse to surrender my ID on MY land when I've broken no laws.

Now when he drives by while I'm shooting it we wave at him... :lolol:

• Like 1