1st Saiga, 1st Range Trip = Winning!

Purchased my 1st Saiga in early March on gunbroker, received it last week and finally got around to shooting it today. I've read on the forum that low brass shells don't cycle well. Today I ran 2 boxes or remington's dove load, a box of winchester 3" turkey loads, and federal 2& 3/4" 00. No problems what so ever. Ran the remington with the gas set on 2 without a hiccup, set it on 1 and she wouldn't "finish the cycle".

The Saiga is everything I was hoping for in terms of reliability but that's why I bought the thing, to have an autoloading shotgun with AK reliability. Now for 922 conversion'n and few other "upgrades".

Still need to try the Federal and Winchester low brass...but smooth sailing with the Remington is a good sign, right?

I got to shoot mine today also for the first time and had the exact same turn out,but with different brand of

shells.Winchester buck shot cycled everyone on number one setting and Winchester #7-1/2 shot skeet load on number 2, they would not eject on number one. I shot about 25 rounds of each. Should I be good to convert it or should I shoot more through it?? Also how will a new gas plug effect its shooting (or do they all react different with new plugs)

I got to shoot mine today also for the first time and had the exact same turn out,but with different brand of

shells.Winchester buck shot cycled everyone on number one setting and Winchester #7-1/2 shot skeet load on number 2, they would not eject on number one. I shot about 25 rounds of each. Should I be good to convert it or should I shoot more through it?? Also how will a new gas plug effect its shooting (or do they all react different with new plugs)

Stick with what works. You may need to change pucks for 922r if you convert, MD Arms or KA are good choices. Congrats!!