Buying overseas and bringing home?

What's the return policy? :)

I actually know there is a gun in my gun club who married what seemed to be a mail-order bride. A fairly striking Russian or Ukrainian woman, about 20-30 years younger then him. I've always wondered how that worked out.

I'm thinking it probably worked out a like friend of mine in Chicago who dated a stripper. He had a steady job, overweight, fairly smart, low ambitions but little expenses other then her and he was nice to her. She was hot little number who thought having him lead her around on a leash at a SF or gaming con was vastly amusing but she didn't seem especially smart. The rest of us figured they were using each other, but they seemed to have a good time doing it.

Edited by KevinInNM

This post is about saiga mags, not some bullshit idea of mailorder humans.

I am married to a Russian, so this shit hits a nerve.

how you meet someone is not the issue (my wife and I met in college) yes, some people use website like the above mentioned one. the websites and dating services are real, the concept of mailorder is not.

For those interested, it is cheaper to set up for 3 gun then to pay all the filling fees if you get maried to an immigrant. and the process takes years!

Lets keep this about S-12 mags please. I'm sure there is someplace else on this forum for other things.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Well the letter was a bit late, as the trip is over already. As for prices, the $130 kvar was charging is not really too bad, considering they cost right under $100 ea. in a shop in Russia. Gotta have some mark up right? But I wonder how good of a deal they (kvar) got? It was also a bit hard to find them, out of I think 5 stores, only one had the standard 'rock and lock mags, and one had the mag well type of mags. the others didnt have them at all, and the 5 rounders were not much cheaper than they are here...

The paperwork issue never came up, but since if you were to travel to Russia you would first need an "invitation" in order to receive a visa, that would imply you know folks there, or are traveling in some tourist group. (So you would have someone to do the buying and talking for you). As for the prices, I had a brain fart...didnt find the magwell mags, it was 8 rd molots for Vepr 12, and regular rock and lock 8 rd izmash for saiga 12. izmash were in the$80s and the Molot s were in the $70s

[quote name='KevinInNM' timestamp='1308417624' post='657982']

Would they sell them to foreigners without requiring some sort official paperwork? I've heard the Russian magwell mags are crazy expensive even in Russia, was that true?