What's YOUR seld defense load?!

Federal Power Shok 2 3/4 OOO Buck. High Power 8 pellets (basically the size of a 40 S&W)

J

The pellets are nominally .36" diam., closer to 9mm (.355). Bill Hickok used a .36 when he carried Back-in-the-Day :smoke:

I like the idea of more "oomph" per pellet and more residual energy downrange than double ought at the same range.

Edited by EWOKETEER

Hello

Kickin' it ol'school with Federal LE "Full Power Flight Control" 00 Buck 2-3/4".

Nice tight patterns, significant knockdown.

-guido

Guido is right. The "flight control" wad is good stuff. This is the best stuff out there now...IMHO!

Jake

4 buck 2 3/4" Remington. For a 15 pellet 00 load I'd go back to 3" mag though

Other Preferences-

9x19 Fed 147 HST

.45 ACP-Corbon 185 DPX or 230 Hydra

.357 Mag(probably won't go there again, but am looking to get a .38 LCR and a load for it)Fed 140 Barnes Expander

x39-never tried anything but Russian steel case 124 (in FMJ, JHP and JSP)Would like to check out some DPX or Vmax

.22-Stinger, Velocitor, Quik Shok

#4 buckshot.....two children in the house....DON'T WANT over-penetration (unless we're trying to make kid #3 :angel:

Sometimes I just crack myself up!:lol:

FTS

:lol:

Right now being it's turkey season, I've got Federal Prem 3" #4 in the mag all the time. Since I don't have kids, the gun is always nearby.