Funny mishap at the range

When I put the bulgarian FSB on my rifle the first time It was canted. I had to put the front sight pin all the way to the right to get it to shoot straight. It wasn't bad, but I figured I could get it better with a little fanagling. So I marked the base and drifted the pins out and redrilled it a little straighter. Thinking it was good I took it out today.

After four groups of three I had it sighted in with the sight pin more or less in the center of the sight base. Everything was going great until 28 rounds later, the entire sight base and muzzle brake ended up 20m down the range. Somehow I forgot to put the pins back in and the only thing holding it on was the .010 press fit I left on the barrel.

ha!

i had similar happen to me but i had my pin in.

on my mini 14 brake the hole for the pin was drilled too high so i didn't know that it wasn't even in the notch on the barrel.

about 5 rounds and i noticed a significant muzzle flash. and my groups opened up.

brought the rifle down to notice that the brake was gone!

$50 bucks for a brake and it was gone!

i found it right at dusk. good thing it didn't lay out there all night.

i ended up redrilling another hole a little lower.

that baby isn't going anywhere now!

:killer::killer::killer::killer:

• 2 years later...
When I put the bulgarian FSB on my rifle the first time It was canted. I had to put the front sight pin all the way to the right to get it to shoot straight. It wasn't bad, but I figured I could get it better with a little fanagling. So I marked the base and drifted the pins out and redrilled it a little straighter. Thinking it was good I took it out today.

After four groups of three I had it sighted in with the sight pin more or less in the center of the sight base. Everything was going great until 28 rounds later, the entire sight base and muzzle brake ended up 20m down the range. Somehow I forgot to put the pins back in and the only thing holding it on was the .010 press fit I left on the barrel.

One of my friends bought a used 20" S.223 at the gunshow and we all decide to head to the range for some tirgger time. Man! the FSB so canted that he had to push the pin all the way to the right and is still shooting 2" to the right. He also bend the front sight post 1/8" to the right and it shoots center. We don't have any experiece with fixing the canted FSB so here is my question.

How to fix it:

Mark the FSB so have reference point?

Drift the 2 FSB pins out?

Rotate the FSB left or right and how much?

Redrill the 2 holes for the pins?

Reinsert the 2 pins?

You might have to heat it up.

Tony

OK....i need to do this also.....just really worry about fucking up my new gun!

should we be heating by the pins or higher up on the FSB?....prior to wacking with the hammer.

thanks,

LOL. this remind me of some one that bother me

for a while and the guy was and ass hole, I told him

to stick the front of the gun on his ass, tight the chicks

and let some friend of his wife twist the gun the

way he wanted to FSB to go.

Any way, best bet, press the damn thing off

align it right and press it back, hot FSB + hammer = mush

at the end of the barrel if not done right,

redo the holes like din man say and ready to go after the damn thing

is press and back on barrel

or may be not, whoooo knoooss, the shadow knows.