quad rails and sights for an S12

I am considering putting a quad rail on my Saiga 12. I have used the search feature, and still have a few questions. All input appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1. I've read, using the search feature, of both good results with multiple brands, and bad results with multiple brands. By results, I mean, users stated that after placing the quad rail on, failures to eject increased. Not many, but I did see comments for more than one brand. What say the quad rail using guys reading this thread? Did your S 12 reliability change after quad rail installation? If so, how, and what manufacturer were you using?

2. I have seen, from their website and pics on this site, that Chaos makes their own front and rear sights. Are there other front and rear sights that would work well on a quad rail? If so, what have some of you used successfully? Mainly interested in a simple sighting solution to use on clay pigeons.

3. Quad rail related, are there any quad rail and rear sight combinations that you have found work well with a front sight post? Mine does not have a front sight post, but I am considering adding one.

Thank you, interested in your thoughts.

Someone who knows for sure can chime in, but I took it from one of Cameron's posts that the Chaos sights are not easily adjustable (you file the front post). There are many sights you can mount on a rail that are fully adjustable...most will sit higher though.

Saigadd, so is that quad rail, in your picture, a UTG one? I have used UTG quad rails on AK's and AR's, with no issues. Thanks for the pic and suggestions.

I think it is the same as the UTG. I got if off ebay for about $60, it didn't have a brand name. It didn't come with a bottom screw either. It did have the plastic rail covers.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=a-Prd3e_jBM

That is a polished bolt and carrier and enlarged gas ports to 3/32. It also has a md arms vplug, and booster piston.

Edited by saigadd
  • 1 month later...

Who makes the lightest tri rail? I may bite on one of those, but have no interest in quad on a S12.

I'm about ready to order the Magnolia state railed fore end. It's not a tri rail, but looks very nice. Has rail on bottom. Leaning away from a quad rail here too. Love them on my rifles, but mainly want a vertical grip on fore end. So the Magnolia state one would meet my needs. I've read some good feedback on here about them. Anybody reading this have one? How do you like it?

id go with a fuglystick forearm and buy the rail kit, and be able to mount a single 6" rail wherever you want, so if your mounting a VFG, you can just stick one on the bottom. you can order them custom, or buy a premade one from mississippi auto arms. i seriously recommend them. if you want some examples, heres some pics:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/68181-the-beast/

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=user&section=user&user=32606