Plastic mags with metal magazine catch?

I recently purchased some 5.45x39 Bakelite Mags for a M92 that I have coming.

The Mags have metal catch inserts molded into the bakelite material (its metal on the front of the mag where it catches the receiver, & on the back where the mag clips onto the mag-catch/release).

What other mags are made like this?

I like it, and want to get a some for my 7.62's now

I know US Palm makes thier mags this way (and I'm very tempted to give them a try), but if I can find original military stuff I'd rather have that.

Thanks!

~Stephen

The Mags have metal catch inserts molded into the bakelite material (its metal on the front of the mag where it catches the receiver, & on the back where the mag clips onto the mag-catch/release).

What other mags are made like this?

I like it, and want to get a some for my 7.62's now

I know US Palm makes thier mags this way (and I'm very tempted to give them a try), but if I can find original military stuff I'd rather have that.

Thanks!

~Stephen

Bulgarian Circle 10 magazines are probably the best option. They run around $30.00 each. You can also find authentic Izhmash 30rd polymer magazines, but they are quite pricey.

Only ones I'm familiar with are the OEM Russian Saiga 12 mags. Specifically, the 5 and 8 round mags are made like this.

Heres how I know: http://forum.saiga-1...a-12-magazines/

Thanks DisRadius ...Im looking for 7.62x39 mags for my Saiga Rifle, not my S12 shotgun (but thanks anyways)

Bulgarian Circle 10 magazines are probably the best option. They run around $30.00 each. You can also find authentic Izhmash 30rd polymer magazines, but they are quite pricey.

Do the Bulgy Circle10 mags have metal-catches infused into the plastic? ...I have been trying to find that out, but no luck in being able to confirm that.

I have some Bulgy Bullet Mags (they have bullets on the outside so thats what I'll call them). They work very good so far.

I don't have a problem with paying more for higher quality mags (as long as its not too crazy). I really like the Bakelite's with the metal mag-catch-lips ....if I can find some for 7.62x39 at a good price then thats what I'd get. I just need to know which ones have the metal inserts (or maybe its only the Russian ones?). I've done a couple hours of research trying to find out if its only the russina mags or did other companies/countries make them too?

KC913 ...do you have any more 7.62x39 Bakelite mags for sale?

At the moment I only have 4 of the 7.62x39 bakelites for sale, but they're in pairs. There are 2 matching "47" numbered bakelite mags and 2 matching numbered rare long neck bakelite mags. I had planned to put them on GunBroker as pairs, but I would entertain offers via PM.

And yes, the black Bulgy Circle 10 mags do have metal lugs. :up:

Only ones I'm familiar with are the OEM Russian Saiga 12 mags. Specifically, the 5 and 8 round mags are made like this.

Heres how I know: http://forum.saiga-1...a-12-magazines/

Thanks DisRadius ...Im looking for 7.62x39 mags for my Saiga Rifle, not my S12 shotgun (but thanks anyways)

Do the Bulgy Circle10 mags have metal-catches infused into the plastic? ...I have been trying to find that out, but no luck in being able to confirm that.

I have some Bulgy Bullet Mags (they have bullets on the outside so thats what I'll call them). They work very good so far.

I don't have a problem with paying more for higher quality mags (as long as its not too crazy). I really like the Bakelite's with the metal mag-catch-lips ....if I can find some for 7.62x39 at a good price then thats what I'd get. I just need to know which ones have the metal inserts (or maybe its only the Russian ones?). I've done a couple hours of research trying to find out if its only the russina mags or did other companies/countries make them too?

Circle 10 Bulgarian mags have metal molded into them. They are very high quality. There are other Bulgarian mags on the market that are plastic without metal. I've witnessed them fail in the front tab area. K-VAR sells the circle 10 mags.

Thanks alot for the info guys! ...thats exactly what I had been trying to find out. Metal "lugs".

After you all helped me (& I got my wording right) I found some at a great price... $25 Bucks!

& I paid just a $1 each for shipping too! I'm sure I'll be very please with them :rolleyes:

Thanks guys!

Any of the milsurp plastic mags will have a metal cage (lugs and feedlips) underneath the plastic shell. This includes bakelites from any country, the poly Bulgarians with circled numbers, Finnish, Polish, and Russians (plum and black). My Israeli Galil mags also have metal lugs but I'm not sure if these have reinforced lips.

The "bullet side" made-for-export Bulgarians are not the same as the milsurp versions. All of the US-made mags also lack metal with the exception of Palms, which do have some reinforcement at the lugs but not at the feedlips.

Edited by rob-cubed

KC913 ...do you have any more 7.62x39 Bakelite mags for sale?

Sorry, I bought em all. :haha:

Everything left except those longneck pairs he mentioned, anyway. You don't see these things for sale every day... not in 7.62x39, (with Izhmash arsenal stamp), anyway.

As to your original question, the guys here steered you right and you got some circle-10s. For what it's worth, those are the only current production, widely available poly, (actually a poly/steel hybrid), mags I'll buy and use. US poly mags are disappointing junk, so far at least.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Thanks!

~Stephen

Hey Stephen,

Not sure if the above was a misprint, but a Yugo M92 is 762x39 caliber so those bakelites would be incorrect for it.

FWIW - I've found the prices on original Russian bakelites (Tula and Izzy) have consistently fallen in the last year or so.

HD Russian slabsides and even the aluminum waffles are available regularly at decent prices now, where those used to be very hard to find ..or afford.

Even the highly touted Palm AK30's that started out at $30 each can be found at less than $20 per now.

Take your time and watch various sources and 4Sale boards for great deals.

Best of luck

Cheers,

Harv

Well I ended up buying the some new Circle10's with the reinforced inner steal & steal locking lugs ...thats exactly what I was looking for. I didnt know you could buy them new (not when I started this thread anyways). I ended up getting 10 mags for $260 shipped (I'm very happy with that).

HarvKY ...yeah that was a mistake (I got the two I have coming mixed up).

I have a Yugo M92 Pistol coming (which the 7.62x39 Circle10's will be for).

pix738187948small.jpg

AND I have a AKSU74 coming as well (which I purchased the Bakelite Mags in 5.45x39 for)

KrinkovRifle.jpg

You just taught me something Harv haha ...I wondered why the M92 was 7.62 (I just sorta thoughtt he builder built it as a 7.62). I'm still learning about them. I have trouble finding info in regards to Krinkovs ...all I know its that they look bad ass. I don't want to have to register for a SBR so I bought one as a Pistol, & one built as a Rifle using a Blugy 16" barrel.

Do you have a Krink HarvKY?

Polish military polymer 30s have metal front and back. Polish Radom commercials have metal in the rear. Military are heavier construction and a marked only with a "1" and "7,62x39". They are nearly identical to Russian polymer AKM mags. Commercials have an "11" in a circle "Radom Poland" and "7,62x39" markings. BTW, I have 2 of each for sale!