Dogs & S-20 1, Rattlesnakes 0

Got home from work, dogs acting goofier than usual, this could be caused by a squirrel, a rabbit, old farts in the golf cart, or even an airplane flying overhead. Went in the house started mixing a rum and coke then shortly there after the dogs start barking like mad, look out the door dogs barking and dancing around looking down (ah crap I've seen this before), grab a loaded mag (have a few left loaded as part of a long term spring test), grab the Saiga 20 shotgun (red headed bastard step child of the Saiga family), out the door, call the dogs (they don’t come), load gun, get dogs to move far enough to see a very dark 4 plus foot snake coiled in the old leaves (not a black or rat snake), fire 2 semi aimed shots (watching dogs so I don't shoot them, they never seem to just get the hell out of the way, yep I've got dumb dogs) aim 1 shot now the snake is missing the head, so done.

Now it's Miller time / back to the rum and coke anyway. Now I know my trusty Saiga 20 works great for snake killing. While in a way I would have preferred to use the Colt SAA cause that’s what John Wayne would have used it was going to take longer to get the gun, find the bullets, and it might bounce a bullet somewhere I didn’t want one.

Edited by going12220
  • 4 weeks later...

Over the years I've employed various items, tools, and guns to remove unwanted visitors that slither, crawl, walk, or even fly into the area. While in a lot of cases a brick would work and any gun is overkill there are 2 factors that come into play:

1st is convenience seeing how I've already got some mags loaded,

2nd is the simple fact every once in a while what the hell I get to shoot something :devil: (not exactly Boone and Crockett but still cool).

The 20 gauge with a variety of loads is my choice for a 1 size fits all for my local area, but I've got a 9mm on stand by for a certain armadillo if I ever get a shot at that elusive little rat bastard. :super:

Talking overkill a while back I did use my Saiga 20 to shoot some carpenter bees, dumb yes :rolleyes: but more fun than a spray can and I was shooting the gun anyway this way I got moving targets.

post-26137-0-46102800-1306414668_thumb.jpg

post-26137-0-73320500-1306414687_thumb.jpg

post-26137-0-53690000-1306414899_thumb.jpg

post-26137-0-67538700-1306414917_thumb.jpg

Edited by 20-Mags