Shotshell FPS

Whats the safest and hottest load that you have shot thru your saiga 12?

Hottest I've used was fiocci 2 3/4 #6 pheasant loads. They are 1485fps.

oooh man i bet those will cycle great! throw that in some short stroking saigas and see what happens!!

as far as your quesion, dunno, should be alright, i assume.

Whats the safest and hottest load that you have shot thru your saiga 12?

Hottest I've used was fiocci 2 3/4 #6 pheasant loads. They are 1485fps.

Federal Power Shock Rifled Slug 1650 FPS

The most powerful commercial load I've been able to purchase locally is the Federal 3" magnum power-shok slug. 1.25 ounces @ 1600 fps. This is right at 3100 lb/ft of energy. The next most powerful has been the Winchester super-x 3" magnum slug 1 oz @ 1760 fps. This is at 3000 lb/ft of energy. The remington 2 3/4" sluggers available at walmart are way down in power around 2100 lb/ft.

Anyways, the Federal will emit an absolutely massive flame. My friend was shooting them out of his 19" S12 and they we're blinding, had to look away.

I really want to get my hands on a Lightfield 3" magnum slug. They're the most powerful I've seen online, pushing 3700+ lb/ft of energy, which is absolutely amazing. That's almost 25% more power than the Federal magnums :devil: Only thing is they are about $3/round

• 2 weeks later...

Was @ the local gander mountain today browsing for comparision shopping. Lone and behold found they had some 1700fps #4 and 1650 #2 on the shelf. However thet didn't have any fiocci #6 though

• 6 months later...