Angled grip or Vertical grip

This is my opinion and your mileage may vary.

The pros of the angled foregrip are that it is comfortable and doesn't get in the way. The pros of a vertical foregrip are that they are sometimes comfortable.

Cons are that both add weight to an already front heavy weapon.

I can see how some people really like them, but personally I can run just as well without.

It really depends on how you shoot. The AFG is a theory based part. If you subscribe to and understand the theory behind it then it is a great part. I see a lot of people either mounting them or using them in ways that makes me think they don't have a clue what they designed for. I personally like the AFG. It works well for the stance and grip I use. When I use a weapon with a VFG I use it to index off of anyways and do not grab it "broom handle" style. I think the way you shoot and handle your weapon ought to dictate what you put on it. If not you are just spending money and adding wait to have something that doesn't avail you much of anything.

I'd advice spending some time learning the how and why behind each and alternative ways of doing things and that might well help you decide.

I like the SGM tr-rail cuz the closer half has a smooth grip & other half has rail for attachments for mainly a flash light plus it has vents for cooling. I like the feel of the factory hand guard but also like the sleekness of S-12 does not look all cluttered..............decisions decisions decisions post-32592-0-71042500-1304747756_thumb.jpg

Big June, Look into a fuglystick keeps it sleek, smooth and light, but has just enough rail space to do whats needed when ya need it. IMHO its the perfect comprimise between the quadrails and the factory guard.

As to the AFG vrs VFG... I like both, I can see useing both, I understand the uses and limitations of both... and because of that, I think at least for me the best option is the folding VFG that has the 5 locking points so it can be used at a 90 in true VFG style, angeled one click back to a 45 for a true AFG, folded flat to clear the mag changeing real estate for the higher capacity stick mags and drums. Again for me, its the perfect comprimise.

YMMV,

Waylon