polishing the feed ramp?

I don't shoot my 410 much because the shells tend to hangup on the ramp when feeding. I searched but didn't find any posts where anyone has polished or changed the angle of the feed ramp on the 410s. Is there any particular reason? Or have I just been unable to find the posts?

Can you give us a little more information? Magazine size & make. Brand, size & load of shells. Gas setting. When does this happen; all ammo, all magazines, first few rounds, last few, all the time? This probably isn't something that should prevent you from shooting.

I don't know how much of a difference there is between a 410 and 12 but this thread, number 3 post in particular, shows a feed mod on an S12, FWIW. Should give you a general idea.

Edited by StarkIndustries

It's probably been 4 or 5 years since I shot the 410 so I really don't remember. I was swapping out the gas plug in my 12 and thought "why not polish grind the 410 feed ramp like the 12".

I don't know how much of a difference there is between a 410 and 12 but this thread, number 3 post in particular, shows a feed mod on an S12, FWIW. Should give you a general idea.

Thanks for the help. I did that to my 12 a couple years back. The 410 feed ramp is quite abit different than the 12 though.