AND.... I feel stupid for even asking

OK so just got my HK sights in from CSS, found a local guy that can weld em on, pipefitter by trade.

He knows just about nothing about guns, and me... well, I've never delt with HK style sights before.

Can anyone explaine to me exactly how to install the rear HK style sight after the plate is welded on? I see the little block slot on the plate, and the little block on the drum thats gonna fit into it... but then I have this little baggy of springs screws washers and stuff that screams to me... ASK SOMEONE THAT KNOWS

pretty sure(ish) that I could figure it out, BUT I'd really rathor someone that knows explaine it before I start giveing it the old collage try! I tend to fiddle with things for a short while, get frusterated and need to walk away, with this many parts this small, and a loose 4 year old in the house... that could be bad... very bad

Thought about it, just hate to hound the man over trivial shiz, He already has his hands full just keeping us shooting and makeing vids for us noobs.

As a last resort to keep from screwing something up, just hopeing there was a youtube vid someone knew of or post someone knew about burried deep in forgotten memory that I can't find, search function won't let you search words under 3 letters so I can't just search HK, and "rear sight " brings up 3 pages full of threads I've already been thru.

/shrug

Aye, spent the last 3 hours on google searching every phrase I can think of to pull it up

HK style rear drum sight assembly

HK rear drum sight disassembly

Diopter style rear sights

How to install HK rear sight

How to assemble a drum style rear sight

100 other possible wordings...

Blah LOL, gonna give it a go and pray I don't screw the pooch. I mean...how hard can it be right? /ducks

The first thing you want to do is make sure that the tiny ball and spring are inserted in the bottom of the sight. These provide the detent when changing between sight settings.

99a143e6.jpg

Next, insert the windage adjustment screw.

09384ed7.jpg

Here you can see how the bottom of the rear sight fit into the windage adjustment screw.

3e5df50c.jpg[/img]

5cebf1e5.jpg[/img]

The larger screw, star washer and oval washer are used to hold the rear sight on the sight base.

ec1dd2e8.jpg[/img]

To adjust the sight for windage, loosen the large screw and turn the windage screw clockwise or counter-clockwise as needed. The elevation is adjusted by taking a pair of small needle nose plier and pushing in the two detents located inside of the sight barrel. Hold the two detents in as you spin the sight barrel either clockwise or counter-clockwise to adjust elevation.

69a0e3de.jpg[/img]

Edited by Rickj427
  • Like 3

you sir are THE MAN! thanks so much for takeing time to spell this out for me. I ended up Emailing Greg and he sent a photo along with a brief explination, between you both I have one more step down and one less to go!

Thanks guys!

Something wrong with haveing a pipefitter mig the sights on? I read up on it pretty closely, used heatsinks to protect the steel, welded back away from the threads.... what am I missing other than 2 or 3 weeks of haveing the gun in the postal service to get to a gunsmith who's gonna do the same thing this guy did? Hell I called 20 or so gunsmiths in my area, found 1 that would even try it... he said 2 to 3 week turn and 120 bucks, this guy did it in about 15 minuts, and charged me 20.00

/ponder

Something wrong with haveing a pipefitter mig the sights on? I read up on it pretty closely, used heatsinks to protect the steel, welded back away from the threads.... what am I missing other than 2 or 3 weeks of haveing the gun in the postal service to get to a gunsmith who's gonna do the same thing this guy did? Hell I called 20 or so gunsmiths in my area, found 1 that would even try it... he said 2 to 3 week turn and 120 bucks, this guy did it in about 15 minuts, and charged me 20.00

/ponder

Let us see.....

Some close ups of mine.....

Edited by Saiga Power

/ponder

The irony comes when you know I'm a union pipefitter...