RPK muzzle device

I am trying to decide on a muzzle device for an RPK. Do any of you have any suggestions or advice on what is best. What is more 'authentic'? Any Pics?

Also, The barrel is significantly thicker than all my other AK's. What is the thread size for this gun? I have not removed the thread protector yet, so I am hoping that it is 14x1 LH. Thank you in advance for any input.

Here's whats been posted on another topic....

No varification yet, but here's something I found on a site about the Irapi Tabuk sniper rifle.

"The Tabuk, like the RPK, has a provision for muzzle attachments in the typical Russian thread pattern of 14x1mm left hand thread, which means that it can accept several variations of Soviet flash hiders and muzzle brakes, as well as Soviet designed sound suppression devices."

The site is....

http://en.wikipedia....uk_Sniper_Rifle

Here's a bit from ScoutJoe...

" 14x1mm LH thread on my Yugo, put a "phantom" brake on it just because it looked kinda naked with just a muzzle nut."

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I am trying to decide on a muzzle device for an RPK. Do any of you have any suggestions or advice on what is best. What is more 'authentic'? Any Pics?

Also, The barrel is significantly thicker than all my other AK's. What is the thread size for this gun? I have not removed the thread protector yet, so I am hoping that it is 14x1 LH. Thank you in advance for any input.

I am getting one for my Vepr X54. Dinzag has them for 40$ and 5/8-24RH Dies & TATs ,14X1 is to small for RPK,Vepr and Saiga 308.I think its more flash hider then a muzzle brake.If you are talking about this one

post-7628-0-97915400-1310573508_thumb.jpg