Input needed on why my AK100 folder changed

OK. I had a bottle of Merlot and fitted my front latch (THANK YOU COBRA'S CUSTOM!!!!). I have a 5.5mm pin polymer folder and it latched perfectly after removing about 3/32" from the side of the buttplate where it engages the latch. I didn't have to mod the release or stock body at all and I used the exact measurements from the thread that I previously posted.

Have you figured it out yet?

Update!! Problem solved!! So my friend and I put on our fur ushanka thinking hats, broke open a bottle of vodka, surfed some Russian sites that may or may not have been gun related we're not sure, and then proceeded to give the trunnion a sharp rap with a piece of wood and a hammer. There must have been a pussy hairs worth of wiggle room that it was off because the bitch latches up tight now!! Thanks to all who chimed in and especially Evl who posted all the pics and info!! I love this Saiga community!

post-26746-0-83439900-1308462399_thumb.jpg

Of all of the forums that I am a member of, firearms related and not, this place has that true community feeling. I am honored to contribute when I can. Glad you got this figured out.... it was driving me nuts.

• Like 1

Looking at you pics your butt pad is hitting the hand guard. Remove it and put on the original butt plate and see if you still have an issue. I know mine an original 12C not modified doesn't latch all the way with the AK100 butt pad on it like it did with the factory butt plate. Hope this helps

Just when I thought I had this project wrapped up, damn! Does your stock stay latched when folded with a mag locked in? When I put a mag in, the lip on the mag pushes on the latch inside the receiver, releasing the stock.

Looking at you pics your butt pad is hitting the hand guard. Remove it and put on the original butt plate and see if you still have an issue. I know mine an original 12C not modified doesn't latch all the way with the AK100 butt pad on it like it did with the factory butt plate. Hope this helps

Just when I thought I had this project wrapped up, damn! Does your stock stay latched when folded with a mag locked in? When I put a mag in, the lip on the mag pushes on the latch inside the receiver, releasing the stock.

Yes it stays latched. No issues there. Sounds like the latch isn't in the correct position, or it is not a Russian latch and may be out of spec because the mag shouldn't hit it. Not sure on that 1.

In the picture, it looks like the retaining clip for the front latch could be interfering with the magazine port. Perhaps angle it so that it is more inside of the receiver away from the magazine port.

Yeah if you put the retaining clip on from inside the mag well. Pull it back out, take off the hand gaurd and install it from the front of the receiver.