Yeah I gotta agree with you guys. If it were just me on the move then my AR-15 and my M&P 45 as a side arm. I would actually prefer a carbine length AR instead of my longer heavy barrel but i needed it now I would use this. My Saiga is actually what I have the most ammo stockpiled for though. Its the heviest, but it also causes the most damage. If it was a stay and defend situation I would rely a lot on that.

if this for a "on the move" then the s-12 stays home as i believe its king for defending entrances and making entrances.i really love the PSL as i can do good work with it,but its a bit heavy and limited for a bug out mbr.for sure i would be carrying my HK usp tac .45 with 4-12rd and 2-20rd mags.then either my MSAR stg 556 or the saiga 5.45.i have more mags and ammo for the saiga,but the MSAR tucks tight and pulls up on target very fast and comfortably so its great for CQB and medium distances(300ish)....actually i have to think of the wife and kid on this as i would hope to god that we would be togeather and not seperated in a SHTF.she prefers the saiga 5.45 over any of the other "sporting rifles" we have and the HK usp tac .45,me with the MSAR and makarov and the boy with his ruger 597 .22lr.i hope that such a situation never happens,but in this day and age you can never tell.and of corse this topic is about the weapons you intend to carry on you and ready on the move as i would hope that i had the chance to either stow away the other guns/ammo and food/water at a descrete location or be able to pack away and transport with us.whats everybody elses thoughts....family traveling with?hope im not steering too far off topic :angel:

Noone is bringing their 22? You can carry 500 rounds in your pockets!

This thread just asked about "Magic Pairings" ie 2 weapons that complimented each other and would be worth packing the extra weight to have with you in SHTF. Things like pistols,22lr survival rifles,ect are their own thing but I say that a man with a suppressed 22lr could eventually have his pick of all of the heavy duty guns he wanted if he was sneaky enough.

For the record I keep a 22lr upper for my Glock 17 and each of my kids has a Ruger 1022 and a brick of ammo in their backpacks.If I need a 22lr I'll have one to borrow ;)

Edited by SOPMOD
I see a lot of people love the S12 for their SHTF loadout and I do love them with all my little jew heart but for me shotguns are something for cleaning up around the house during peace time when I actually give a crap about neighbors and lawsuits and other assorted BS. When the S really HTF it's time for some brick busting, truck stopping mad penetrations in the smallest,highest capacity package possible paired something longer legged to nail potshotting wannabe assassins and maybe put some game on the table.

LMAO that shit was worth repeating.

• Like 1

That's easy. Road trips with the family;

Marlin levergun in .357 mag with whatever handgun .357 strikes my mood. Both fed with speed strips and various handloaded ammos from mild to wild including .38 shot shells. Handles bunnies to bears and baddies too.

If I knew there could be trouble there's always the more serious stuff.