Bolt Carrier keeps jamming up after conversion

Hello all, I've come across a problem I've never seen before. My bolt carrier does not easily slide back and forth/operate. It causes the gun to not cycle. I've converted several Saigas, never had this problem. The gun has a g2 trigger group, nothing was modified on the bolt carrier. Is there something else I need to change when converting the gun to make it operate correctly?

Hand cycling it is difficult, you have to put some muscle into it. It seems to be hanging up on the rails that the carrier slides on. Even when you slide the carrier all the way up (where it doesn't make contact with the hammer) it still doesn't want to slide. I've tried sanding/cleaning/smoothing the rails up, no luck.

How well did the weapon operate before the conversion?

Remove the bolt and reinstall the carrier sans bolt and magazine, try that to see if its the rails or the bolt third lug is hanging on something.

Edited by Rhodes1968
  • 3 weeks later...

This is what happens when people get cheap and just get a generic G2 trigger and expect it to work. Spend a few extra bucks and get a properly modified G2 for the S308 like the ones from Dinzag which are completely "drop-in" and you'll save yourself all the headaches. Another thing also check to see if the screw on the trigger guard is not protruding too far into the receiver because it will interfere with the hammer and prevent it from locking back all the way.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

so instead of just a lame answer like "you should have" can somebody explain what is modified on the dinzag hammer? when side by side, the original saiga and g2 hammer seem basically identical. Besides being too wide what else do i need to modify. anybody have pics from their personal work?