Aimpoint Comp M2 in Aimpoint Quick Release Platform with spacer. Included are rubber armor for sight and bikini lens caps. Great condition, pics make it look kind of weird with flash. Same as the M68 Close Combat Optic the military is using. $400 firm shipped. Can do PayPal or USPS MO. Thanks for looking.

DSC03177.jpg

DSC03174.jpg

DSC03169.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.gif

Nobody is in need of a real Red Dot Sight?

No offense, but for that price, I could get HK sights welded onto my gun and still have enough money for a 4x POSP. A red dot would be nice, but for that price, I'd expect the red dot to fire bullets, too.

EDIT: and yes, I know how expensive red dots get. I just don't think they are worth the price of my gun.

Edited by CPF

It's a reliable as hell sight and just about indestructible. It's battery life is insanely high (battery will probably expire before you use it up).

Regardless, the only thing that keeps me from getting it is that I want a 1MOA or 2MOA red dot at most on my rifles as the 4MOA covers up too much of the target--4MOA is excellent for close range, but not so good for longer distances. Aimpoint is also very anal about limiting the warranty too, unlike Vortex optics. Otherwise, the price he's asking is fair for that sight considering how much aimpoint usually asks for them. Now is the price aimpoint asks for them a fair price? That's up for debate. Free bump though.

No offense, but for that price, I could get HK sights welded onto my gun and still have enough money for a 4x POSP. A red dot would be nice, but for that price, I'd expect the red dot to fire bullets, too.

EDIT: and yes, I know how expensive red dots get. I just don't think they are worth the price of my gun.

Hey, nobody asked you your personal opinion and likes/dislikes regarding Red Dot Sights and how much they cost. Maybe next time I see you post something in the classifieds I'll come in and shit in that thread?

It's a reliable as hell sight and just about indestructible. It's battery life is insanely high (battery will probably expire before you use it up).

Regardless, the only thing that keeps me from getting it is that I want a 1MOA or 2MOA red dot at most on my rifles as the 4MOA covers up too much of the target--4MOA is excellent for close range, but not so good for longer distances. Aimpoint is also very anal about limiting the warranty too, unlike Vortex optics. Otherwise, the price he's asking is fair for that sight considering how much aimpoint usually asks for them. Now is the price aimpoint asks for them a fair price? That's up for debate. Free bump though.

I feel ya on the 1-2MOA dots vs the 4MOA on a rifle, however, the 4MOA adopted by the military is more than adequate on a M4 Carbine due to it's effective range. Same would go for a x39 AK due to it's range as well. Honestly, I run 2MOA Comp3s on all my ARs now, however, I run 4MOA Comp M2s on my S12 and an AK. Bottom line is the Aimpoint is dependable regardless of warranty issues. Pretty sure they do that because it is in the military system and military gear gets used and abused and all things will break in the end and they'd be constantly replacing military optics. Anyway wasn't meaning to bump my thread with this just clarifying.

Hey, nobody asked you your personal opinion and likes/dislikes regarding Red Dot Sights and how much they cost. Maybe next time I see you post something in the classifieds I'll come in and shit in that thread?

Didn't mean to shit on the thread, go ahead and do it to mine if I ever do. You were wondering why no one bought it yet, so I gave my reason. I'll end it there, no need adding more wasted posts.

• Like 2

If anyone wants to know why you SHOULD buy this aimpoint,watch the Daniel defense torture test of an M4 carbine. Its a torture test for the gun,but to me it was an aimpoint commercial. That is one tough optic.

Torture test

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.