Whats the lowdown?

Are these things really worth the money? I eventually want one, but will not buy one if the price shoots up. They look like toys next to the Saiga. I know they are new, but anyone have some solid info on these? Just curious, not finding a lot. Oh and 2nd batch?

I know a real good way to find out everything about one, and it ain't by reading an internet forum....lol. Just sayin....

Mine will be here in a few days. Can't wait. :super:

Gosh I so wish I could. If I wasnt broke right now and in a boot w/out work, I would hop right on it. Thing looks beast, just hope it operates the same as well. So are they making changes in the 2nd batch?

Got mine a couple of weeks ago serial # 64!! , I would say the only issue I had was that as is from the factory it would not cycle target loads or bird shot. I have ordered a bushing from Tromix to see if that will make a difference. Other than that, the recoil is unnoticeable and minimal muzzle climb. Sights well also. Will let you know if the bushing makes a difference.

Got mine a couple of weeks ago serial # 64!! , I would say the only issue I had was that as is from the factory it would not cycle target loads or bird shot. I have ordered a bushing from Tromix to see if that will make a difference. Other than that, the recoil is unnoticeable and minimal muzzle climb. Sights well also. Will let you know if the bushing makes a difference.

Alright good deal. Hows the weight? I know it's light, but is it gonna be an easy job to change out the stock?

i bought mine at Centerfiresystems.com they gave me a free bushing for low brass shells and told me to shoot about 3 boxes through it to make sure everything works properly, But so far ive been shooting winchester high brass super x 4 1/2 shot through mine. I shout about 4 boxes through it and had only 1 to fail to feed but that was the factory mag. I bought several spare mags and they did fine. I love how the bolt stays open after the last shot, quick reload times. and I tried out how fast i could shoot it. Mine came with a real light trigger pull, alot lighter than my converted saiga 12 and to my suprise shot amazing fast. so far i'm happy with it. just waiting for a better stock. and higher capcity mags. i havent tried the bushing yet.

WHAT?! You got a free bushing when you bought yours?! They screwed up my order twice and I almost didnt get it in time for the 4th of July weekend! I'm emailing them!!! :killer:

actually they gave me 2 one for spare.

could you guys give us an update with this, they screwed me up by telephone order, it was fix not until I called them to straighten things up and I have to call them later on because they charge me with shipping,which was supposed to be free on the first place. I know that they are monitoring this forum... it should be fair game when it comes to giveaways..... now...if it doesn't happen...they'll be lossing patrons.... :bann:

Got mine today...cant thank Magnus enough!

I got mine from Centerfire as well, Magnus was super easy to work with, they let me pick it up at the warehouse, even opened a little early for me!

I shot a box of winchester target shells thru mine on thursday and it did great. I have not put the bushing in yet. I want to see if it wears in before I put in anything.

It shot police buckshot like a champ! The guys at the range really enjoyed helping me break it in :)

I looked at an MKA today and I was dissapointed, it felt like I was holding a toy! The little gay looking gems didnt affect my decision to purchase, the overall craftsmanship and handling felt cheap, and left me really appreciating my mossy 500 with knoxx stock... but at any rate... I walked out of the store with a new in box saiga... but I'm a n00b and I trust the experts... Mr Rumore is the authority and his opinion is the only one that matters... especially when he's not even building them for production... of course I was born and raised in Tulsa... so I'm biased!

Got mine today...cant thank Magnus enough!

emailed centerfire, and got my "FREE" booster bushing yesterday, too bad my camera is indispose right now so that you could see the difference between tromix booster bushing and the one i got from centerfire.all thanks to 'MAGNUS' ....

I looked at an MKA today and I was dissapointed, it felt like I was holding a toy! The little gay looking gems didnt affect my decision to purchase, the overall craftsmanship and handling felt cheap, and left me really appreciating my mossy 500 with knoxx stock... but at any rate... I walked out of the store with a new in box saiga... but I'm a n00b and I trust the experts... Mr Rumore is the authority and his opinion is the only one that matters... especially when he's not even building them for production... of course I was born and raised in Tulsa... so I'm biased!

Some of us look at something like that and think of the potential it has and all those cheesy little things that can be replaced with much better upgrades and that's why it's attractive instead of a toy. Little cosmetic details and crap don't bother me at all. I never even shot mine, stripped it down to the last part right out of the box and began designing way better features. It's early....give it time, it's gonna be big.

Some of us look at something like that and think of the potential it has and all those cheesy little things that can be replaced with much better upgrades and that's why it's attractive instead of a toy. Little cosmetic details and crap don't bother me at all. I never even shot mine, stripped it down to the last part right out of the box and began designing way better features. It's early....give it time, it's gonna be big.

Yes sir I believe you are correct... and I've read about the second production being alot better... guess we'll have to wait and see

That's the one problem I have with the price...sure it has features that an unconverted Saiga doesn't, but that only counts if you're just shooting it out of the box. So if you convert (as if most here aren't going to), is the hole in the wallet going to be any smaller when it's all said and done? Maybe I'm just pissed that all the custom pics and praise have convinced me that I need one now...dammit.

And to be fair (@ the previous toy comment), the Saiga comes with a cheap feeling "toy" stock too. The craftsmanship certainly isn't anything to sing about either. The bead sight on mine was so out of wack that it didn't even obstruct the AK sight I put on it...nevermind the finish.

Edited by sidewinderl

That's the one problem I have with the price...sure it has features that an unconverted Saiga doesn't, but that only counts if you're just shooting it out of the box. So if you convert (as if most here aren't going to), is the hole in the wallet going to be any smaller when it's all said and done? Maybe I'm just pissed that all the custom pics and praise have convinced me that I need one now...dammit.

And to be fair (@ the previous toy comment), the Saiga comes with a cheap feeling "toy" stock too. The craftsmanship certainly isn't anything to sing about either. The bead sight on mine was so out of wack that it didn't even obstruct the AK sight I put on it...nevermind the finish.

There really is NO mods you have to do for multigun beyond the 922 trigger parts as you do with Saiga. Add high cap mags as you do with Saigas.

I for one do not plan on changing the stock at this point. Maybe later but a side folder or tacticool stock is something I dont need. I do need a dot as with a Saiga. My MKA is NOT picky on ammo at ALL now unlike a Saiga.

I do not compare the two but I think the MKA has more upside than a Saiga. IF Saigas get imported with a magwell attached, a LRBHO, the ablility to load a full mag on a closed bolt AND THIS IS THE BIGGIE spare parts are available.

I still love my Saiga and will finish the season at least with it. More than one person has said the same thing I feel. This all depends on how well the MKA holds up to parts breakage. There will be the odd failure but I have seen and read of too many S12 bolt carrier rods crapping I had one that had to be welded. I myself witnessed one recently but credit to the gun it kept working!! The rod broke behind the pushing part of the rod and since it was captured and had no where to go it still ran.

Not to mention trunions hammering, and the ongoing fight to tune mags with magwells, polishing bolts, triggers and then ports and springs if the gun is under over gassed.

Time will tell.

Edited by Jasper
  • 2 months later...

First. After watching the disassembly this looks to like a tear down on a normal semi-auto. I don’t see this as more than a dressed up Remington actually. I think a guy actually says that in one of the videos. So, is all the fuss because it has a mag well, with detachable mags?

Second. Cyclic rate. Any firm numbers from you guys with one on how fast it fires?

Third. Multi-gun. With a detachable mag, that would qualify as open right? So, you have a distinct disadvantage over a Saiga, or any other shotgun with 10+ round mags in the same category. That is, of course until someone gets their lazy buts out of their seat and gets some injection form molds made up for 10 rounds or greater. Too bad they don’t allow .410 in multi-gun. Then you would do well just getting a .410 upper for your ar.

Fourth. SSAR slide stock. Anyone else play with these? I think it would be an incredible addition. Since we are going all impractical on this. My ar is a blast with the ssar.

and my saiga.

Too bad they don’t allow .410 in multi-gun. Then you would do well just getting a .410 upper for your ar.

There will be no plastic mags. The size of the magwell will not allow it. They will be steel or aluminum.

410 won't work for multigun or speed shotgun due to its inability to knock down steel

The MKA 1919 is 12ga only. Does not come in 410. The 410 was another (discontinued) gun imported by the same company but manufactured by a different company.

Too bad they don’t allow .410 in multi-gun. Then you would do well just getting a .410 upper for your ar.

There will be no plastic mags. The size of the magwell will not allow it. They will be steel or aluminum.

410 won't work for multigun or speed shotgun due to its inability to knock down steel

The MKA 1919 is 12ga only. Does not come in 410. The 410 was another (discontinued) gun imported by the same company but manufactured by a different company.

True about the Akdal. I was just trying to point out why the 410 is less than ideal for multigun.

Why does where you were born mean anything?

Dont like the Akdal, free country. Good luck with the Saiga. Mine will most likely be in the back of the safe when the mags for the Akdal hit the streets. The Saiga is a fine weapon but the Akdal is a better weapon for what I want. Someone saying the Akdal feels cheap compared with a Saiga? blink.png

It is a very light gun but I don't see why it couldn't hold up to thousands of rounds. I also don't think this gun was meant to be run over and then dumped in mud like the Saiga.

How well it holds up is yet to be seen. I think it will supprise folks with its durability but time will bear that out.

What does dumping any gun in the mud and running over it matter if it meets the durability and performance criteria we are looking for in this application? huh.png

Do you regularly dump your guns in the mud and drive over them before you shoot? wink.png

Edited by Jasper