Ammo Deal $50 for $100 worth.

has anyone here used gearhog ? sound too good to be true

I found this, not sure how helpful it is, but at least they aren't a complete ghost

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=178079

I figured I'd give it a try but now Ive got some funny business going on. I paid for my gift certificate code and it arrived instantly through my email. Upon trying to check out with the gift certificate code on my order of over 100 bucks......it worked! Took 50 bucks off of my total purchase price. Here's where the funny business starts though, they're displaying a coupon code on their home page (usa ammo) for half off shipping. That code "MOREAMMO" goes into a separate box marked for coupon codes. I entered this in and was redirected to an error type page on their website saying that the sales team would have it fixed up in a jiff. Now upon going through the same process and entering my gift certificate number it tells me that its invalid......and it doesn't work. Reading the bottom of the email sent from Gearhog, there is a possibility that these coupons are not being accepted until the time to buy in on the deal expires which would be the 23rd. Called usa ammo to confirm, as Gearhog email says they might be taking them early....left a voice mail. Will report back with resolutions

ETA Ive also shot an email off to Gearhog customer service, perhaps I need a new code as the one I paid for seems to be invalid.

Edited by Azkamidaka
  • Like 1

has anyone here used gearhog ? sound too good to be true

Its a pyramid scheme.

You pay $50 to gearhog for the $50 off from Usaammo. You're still in for the $100.

The only person that benefits is the OP - because by going to his link, he get $5 for every person that falls for it.

And note - this is the OP's first post.

Edited by sickness
  • Like 1

Whats actually funny is that I just heard from USAAMMO customer service lady (really nice) and they said that they are having problems with Gearhog......SHE TOLD ME THAT ITS ACTUALLY SUPPOSED TO GIVE YOU 100 DOLLARS OFF YOUR ORDER!!! So yeah the OP is getting five buck from everybody that clicks the referral but by the way I am understanding it you're still paying 50 bucks for 100 bucks off an order with them. She said that they'll have it sorted by 2PM today and that I should give her a call back then. Keep you posted.

Shit if you wanna support me for all my in depth coverage of this matter then click my link! lol My link

Edited by Azkamidaka
  • Like 1

Whats actually funny is that I just heard from USAAMMO customer service lady (really nice) and they said that they are having problems with Gearhog......SHE TOLD ME THAT ITS ACTUALLY SUPPOSED TO GIVE YOU 100 DOLLARS OFF YOUR ORDER!!!

I can't comment on Gearhog except to say that anytime you pay for a discount something seems off. The CS lady at USAAMMO is awesome! She is super nice and helpful, I need to put in an order.