had a chance to run the 20 underfolder today.

2011-05-22_12-40-56_937-1.jpg

if you recall i picked it up used and the previous owner did something to the gas reg. i had to use a 18" breaker bar and some heat to get it loose. anyway, i went ahead and did a romy uf mod. when i assembled everything the gas reg will not thread all the way in. basically its a wide open gas system. before i did anything else i wanted to see how well it shot. picked up some fiocchi 3" target shot. i figured this was as middle of the road as you could get.

holy freakin cow!! cycled a full box. zero ftf's, zero fte's but a shitload of fgt's everytime i squeezed the trigger.

word of caution. i would not suggest the folder on anything more than the 20. it is very persuasive. i have another trunnion and folder that is begging for a 410 build.

Edited by smartbomb

The 12 would be more fun.

had a chance to run the 20 underfolder today.

2011-05-22_12-40-56_937-1.jpg

if you recall i picked it up used and the previous owner did something to the gas reg. i had to use a 18" breaker bar and some heat to get it loose. anyway, i went ahead and did a romy uf mod. when i assembled everything the gas reg will not thread all the way in. basically its a wide open gas system. before i did anything else i wanted to see how well it shot. picked up some fiocchi 3" target shot. i figured this was as middle of the road as you could get.

holy freakin cow!! cycled a full box. zero ftf's, zero fte's but a shitload of fgt's everytime i squeezed the trigger.

word of caution. i would not suggest the folder on anything more than the 20. it is very persuasive. i have another trunnion and folder that is begging for a 410 build.

Very cool....

Wanna practice on my .410 :angel:

i would if i could. i think the feds would frown if i did. iirc i can do thing to mine, but not anyone elses firearm unless i was an ffl. if i am wrong someone correct me.

in reality you can do this your self. the folder was not hard. the most difficult part was getting the balls to drill a big f'ing hole on both sides of a perfectly good shotgun. once your past that...its a piece of cake.

Edited by smartbomb

Very cool....

Wanna practice on my .410 :angel:

i would if i could. i think the feds would frown if i did. iirc i can do thing to mine, but not anyone elses firearm unless i was an ffl. if i am wrong someone correct me.

in reality you can do this your self. the folder was not hard. the most difficult part was getting the balls to drill a big f'ing hole on both sides of a perfectly good shotgun. once your past that...its a piece of cake.

Got any more pics? Internals? As you built?

Thanks alot

look in the saiga 20 sub forum. i did a thread "s20 underfolder"

if you need more info just shoot me a pm

Cool....got it....if you ever take a photo of the internal portion of the folder....Thanks

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/67121-s20-underfolder/

i'll try to shoot some tonite

Cool....got it....if you ever take a photo of the internal portion of the folder....Thanks

also check this out

http://www.gunco.net/forums/f3/romy-underfolder-assembly-tutorial-60369/

inside the receiver.

2011-07-25_20-12-09_817.jpg

2011-07-25_20-13-20_541.jpg

the only "gotcha" was pin holes at the receiver bottom. you will see in the video and the other tutorial how the pin is accessed thru holes behind the grip nut. i didnt catch that until i went to assemble. ended up having to drill them (eyeballed location) after the fact.

i set the rear trunnion in place on the out side to locate the rivet and pivot holes on one side. line up cover slots at trunnion and receiver for reference point. slide the trunnion and drilled thru finishing with a dremel with 1/8" carbide cutter and sanding wheel.

Edited by smartbomb
  • Like 1

also check this out

http://www.gunco.net/forums/f3/romy-underfolder-assembly-tutorial-60369/

inside the receiver.

2011-07-25_20-12-09_817.jpg

2011-07-25_20-13-20_541.jpg

the only "gotcha" was pin holes at the receiver bottom. you will see in the video and the other tutorial how the pin is accessed thru holes behind the grip nut. i didnt catch that until i went to assemble. ended up having to drill them (eyeballed location) after the fact.

i set the rear trunnion in place on the out side to locate the rivet and pivot holes on one side. line up cover slots at trunnion and receiver for reference point. slide the trunnion and drilled thru finishing with a dremel with 1/8" carbide cutter and sanding wheel.

Thanks man

Any folder work?

Where did you buy yours?