g2 hammer. Does it have to rest flat ?

Looking at my g2 trigger and it doesn't rest flat against the firing pin. I already dehorned it and am wondering do I need to take more material off. I've heard conflicting reports. Any help or specs would be a great. If the g2 doesn't work out, I'm going to buy Arsenal fcg. Don't want to spend the money if I don't have to. I need to rely on the S 12 everyday. I live real close to the Mexican border and things get crazy down here.

Thanks,

RF

Looking at my g2 trigger and it doesn't rest flat against the firing pin. I already dehorned it and am wondering do I need to take more material off. I've heard conflicting reports. Any help or specs would be a great. If the g2 doesn't work out, I'm going to buy Arsenal fcg. Don't want to spend the money if I don't have to. I need to rely on the S 12 everyday. I live real close to the Mexican border and things get crazy down here.

Thanks,

RF

It doesn't have to be perfect.

Give it a test at the range.

In extreme cases, you'll get light strikes or no ignition of the primer at all.

That would mean the hammer is hitting the back of the bolt and not the firing pin.

The hammer would have to be pretty bad for that to happen though.

Ask Pauly & Cobra about the Arsenal FCG. Seems to me I heard those can be difficult to get setup.

Thanks,

RF

That would mean the hammer is hitting the back of the bolt and not the firing pin.

Ask Pauly & Cobra about the Arsenal FCG. Seems to me I heard those can be difficult to get setup.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try it out and see if it cooks.

If your hammer is making direct contact with just the firing pin striker when contact is first made....and the firing pin is protruding from the bolt face far enough to make a deep enough impression on the primer, before hammer contacts the bolt stem, then you are GTG.

Yeah I know...capt. obvious...... just sayin. It doesn't have to be exactly 90 degrees.

Thanks,

RF

The Arsenal FCG is nice because it looks authentic. But it is more difficult to install than the G2. Also, it is not compatible with axis pin retaining plates unless you modify the disconnector.

People can say what they want about Tapco parts, but the G-2 IMO is a much better trigger for use in an S-12, than the Arsenal, the TAKT, or the RSA adjustable trigger. The others may be fine for AK/ Saiga rifles... but the S-12 is far from being as similar as some think to an AK rifle.

The Arsenal's trigger hook is too high for the S-12 & 20.

When firing, the hammer is down in the disconnector as the carrier passes over it in the feeding cycle so there's no difference between the two when firing, however when charging the weapon, with the hammer being so high in the arsenal's hook the carrier can actually stall on the hammer on some sets I've tested.

I don't like that one bit.

The tapco's trigger hook is roughly the same height as a factory S-12

I do however like the feel of the shape of the arsenal's trigger lever.

The S=12 bolt is a larger diameter than an AK bolt. Re profile the hammer face to duplicate the factory profile so that the bolt can pass over the hammer face when cycling, and hits the firing pin square.