Thinking bout getting a GLOCK 21 45 acp.I handled one at my local gun shop and i like the feel,buy ive never owned or shot any GLOCK pistols. Also a legal question,

i found a buttstock attachment for any GLOCK pistol on the net.Is this legal or does this make it into a SBR??? It just snaps on and off with no mods to the gun.

I love my Glock 21. I highly recommend it, if it fits your hand. 13 round Mags are about $20 ea. and accessories abound. I recommend the Pearce +2 mag extensions over the Shearer(rererrrr) extensions. Also, if possible, get the latest generation (gen IV - I think) with the finger grooves and light rail. I got a Glock Safe Action Light for mine for $80 shipped (decent 6V light). :super:

The stock is a no-no. It does make it an SBR and subject to NFA.

My gun shop has a NIB G21 for i think $637.Is this too much??? I am a gun nut so i have all the gun books with prices and I buy lots of magazines and they say bout the same. But this store has been known to overcharge. I figured the stock would be illegal simply cause its something i'd like to have.I'll probably get a light and some 25 round mags for it.I'll also get some13s with the plus 2 extensions. Thanks guys I'll prolly get one in a couple weeks when i get some money. :dollar::super::dollar::super:

Too much! My poeple have one in for $539.

https://www.gilbertsguns.com/store/products...05cdbdab996329c

As for lights, you should check out the Glock light. They also have a light/laser combo. These are stamped GLOCK and are tall and thin to fit the pistol's profile.

https://www.gilbertsguns.com/index.php?requ...&categoryid=321

*BUY THE STOCK*

Yeah, if you MOUNT IT IT'S ILLEGAL.....

I am not saying to MOUNT IT...

Just to HAVE IT... because... well... ya just NEVER KNOW....you just NEVER KNOW when you might need it.. or WANT IT...

legality be damned! LOL

:smoke:

Edited by IndyArms

This will get me some negative feedback, but I have to supply my $.02. The Glock is an extremely durable weapon, cheap accessories, cheap magazines, and a good gun. However, it is DOA and doesn't have an external safety. To me, these two issues are HUGE drawbacks.

Sure, you can get a ton of trigger work done to reduce overtravel and return, as well as reducing the trigger weight. So then you're left with a short, light, DAO gun that thinks it's a SAO, but without the safety features such a gun should have.

I know glocks have "three safeties", including the "trigger" safety, but come on! A safety on a trigger? No gun (well made/maintained) will discharge unless your finger's on the trigger, so why do they glorify this safety so much? The other two safeties are just as useless, they don't prevent accidents! Just accidental discharges, which won't happen with a good gun.

Let's pretend a curious kid in a line at a grocery store sees a hump in a shirt and reaches for it. If they manage to brush that trigger with all the work done to lighten it and shorten the pull, BOOM. Combine that with a down-rear canted holster, and you have a bullet going through a 5 yr old's face.

True story: My friend had a Glock and hated the heavier, longer trigger pull inherant to a DAO. He did a ton of trigger work, and had it lighter and shorter than a SAO. His gun fell out of his holster when he was sitting in his car, and when he reached under the seat to pull it back up, he brushed the trigger and put one through the door. Didn't hit him, or any bystanders, but this just seems like a dumb idea to me.

But that's just me, and I'm anal about gun safety. The glock is cheaper, easier to get parts for, easier to get work done, better for high-cap, durable, and well respected. Just not my cup of tea.

This will get me some negative feedback, but I have to supply my $.02.

Dude....

WHY would posting some very applicable warnings and issues of safety get you negative feedback???

Quite the opposite... I think you should have some KUDOS for bringing up a good point that I bet some would overlook, and not really be thinking about, especially if they have NEVER owned a Glock before and arent aware of the potential safety concerns that are inherent to that particular weapon...

When it comes to firearms, I cant help but stress SAFETY FIRST...

Any time that someone can make potential safety issues KNOWN... well, thats a GOOD THING... and thats just *MY TWO CENTS!!!*

:smoke:

AegisDei: You do make a good point. A Glock is a pistol like no other and will function how and when you need it to, but you have to pay extra attention to how you carry it, should it be a concealed carry firearm. Some holster manufacturers don't think about the safety issue and have been forced to recall their products.

http://www.recall-warnings.com/cpsc-content-04-04155.html

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml05/05175.html

In these cases the retention strap on the holster was thin enough to slip inside the trigger guard as you holster the weapon, causing accidenetal discharge.

If you carry it, make sure to use a holter designed specifically for Glocks and I would only lighten the trigger if it were a "range only" gun.

I'm not really worried bout the safety of it.I dont carry a concealed weapon besides a rather large pocket knife,and i seriously doubt i'll ever carry this gun any where in the woods.This is gonna be my house gun and reside by my bedside. I always keep my finger off the trigger and practice good safety habits so it should be fine.I figure if like 90% of the cops in AMERICA use 'em it should work fine fer me.

I mainly went with GLOCK cause of the price.I'd love a USP but cant afford a new one and i aint keen on buying used guns.As far as the price goes, another gunshop

here in town can get me one for anywhere from $580 to $600 depending on shipping.

I think im gonna go with the glock.I like the looks of it,and all the extras i can get for it. I can get 13 round mags for $21 each and 25 round mags for $50 each.

:super::super::super: Im gonna get a Bianchi holster for it.They make a model that has adjustable velcro so you can set it for a gun with or without a light

on it.By the way,im not listening to you guys anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, a Springfield GI-45 1911 can be had for less than $500. It is just about as reliable as a G-21. But then, you don't get the rail.

If I were you, I would hold off on buying a Glock right now. If you wait a year or so, you can buy used Glocks with comp ports *and* rails for about the same price as you're paying now for a Glock with just rails.

Is it easy to find a bad used Glock?

Actually, a Springfield GI-45 1911 can be had for less than $500.  It is just about as reliable as a G-21.  But then, you don't get the rail.

If I were you, I would hold off on buying a Glock right now.  If you wait a year or so, you can buy used Glocks with comp ports *and* rails for about the same price as you're paying now for a Glock with just rails.

Is it easy to find a bad used Glock?

A standard GI 45, besides being an entirely different gun, won't give you the capacity or accuracy either.

Hi guys.I've decided i'm gonna wait awhile befor i get the Glock.I've already got 3 COLT 1911s that should do me fine. Besides i need the money for something else im thinkin bout buying. An FN PS-90!!! Its the civilian version of the P-90 from STARGATE. Thanks for your info though guys.

I've said before that I've never been impressed with Glocks. Let me just preface that by admitting that I'm not that familiar with the Glock 21. Quite a few of my law enforcement friends swear by them however. So I will not sit here and bad mouth them to anyone cause I really don't have any experience with them. My only beef is that I'm not a big proponent of polymer framing. Ergonomically, I didn't like the feel of the Glock when I first hefted one (way, way back in time). I'm a 1911 man myself, old dogs and old habits die hard...lol. But I say to everyone here that if you like the feel, fit, custom and appearance of any hand gun then you owe it to yourself to buy it. Just my opinion.

The saftey on the Glock trigger is just meant to keep the trigger from snagging on a holster and discharging. If you need a saftey then you can get one installed for about 120.00. A carry holster should always cover the trigger guard. The Glocks are good self defence guns that function well, dont rust and are lightweight. They arent pretty but do the job. Dont mess with the trigger on a carry gun.