Scope for 100-200 yard target shooting

• 2 weeks later...

Barska huntmaster 1.5 to 6. It has a 42 millimeter objective and a 1 inch tube. It's got a 3030 retical with etched center illuminated crosshairs. I mounted mine today. went to the range and had it zeroed in about 10 shots, shooting a 1.5 inch group at 100 yards. I was shooting 52 grain, dogtown, hollow point reloads. It stuck 10 rounds in about an inch and a half circle! Not too bad as far as I am concerned, it shot pretty nice! Pics to soon follow.

:smoke:

what length stock do you have? that can make a difference on eye relief needs if you are using a side rail mount. with a modified saiga you need a short eye relief scope.

I have a russian 3-9x scope with a 2" eye relief. it works ok at the 9x setting with a warsaw length stock but is a bit difficult to focus in. i am going to try a Nato length and that should correct it.

4788939369_aeda7851f7.jpg

Edited by GregM1

what length stock do you have? that can make a difference on eye relief needs if you are using a side rail mount. with a modified saiga you need a short eye relief scope.

I have a russian 3-9x scope with a 2" eye relief. it works ok at the 9x setting with a warsaw length stock but is a bit difficult to focus in. i am going to try a Nato length and that should correct it.

4788939369_aeda7851f7.jpg

I just stuck a UTG Rubber Butt recoil pad around $12US it gave the extra length I needed.