We sould have a new sticky at the top for newbs

We should really have a sticky on the top of the threads specifically for new folks for the benefits of "Converting vs. Not converting", or "Why Most People Convert", i.e.= going the cheap way (Crapco T-6). Included should be info about the better balancing of a restored Saiga, as well as the ability to use ANY magazine with a bullet guide, links to business member conversion kits/ parts, and the bennies of removing the crappy Rube Goldberg trigger linkage, and moving the trigger group forward (with better made parts).

This sticky SHOULD be a major part of an introduction to any newby joining this site. No offence to anybody, but the wheel has been reinvented way too many times here. It would save a lot of new guys a ton of time, effort, and money if we would get this sticky going.

This thread should be complimented by the 922r thread, or visa versa (to help nip the confusion in the bud) to better help the new guys out.

did you know I'm giving away a few hundred dollars in parts for a product review contest?

I do now. I just got through the links from your profile page. One helluva an idea. Mighty nice of you to give away that gear. Hopefully I'll be able to jump on that wagon soon. Gotta few months left before my re-construction surgery is all healed up. Good luck!

Ive noticed, that when a very trite question is asked here, theres not alot of response, and thats the way it is. The post goes into oblivion. When I started here I asked things that were not answered, and still do. But there are a few guys (like myself) who will answer a noob question and help those who really dont know. I really think its a leap to ask new people to just know what kind of info is here to research. And Im also sorry to say, the search function on this site kinda sucks (dont mean to offend).

There is always going to be noobs and we should do the best we can to help them, because a sticky will do nothing for someone who doesnt know what a sticky is (as I didnt).

If you have the knowledge, help these guys that dont. That is what this forum is all about, I hope. The only way I learned was by asking dumb quesions and PMing guys who had alot more experience than I did. I did my whole conversion on their answers and am greatful that they just didnt direct me to some sticky.

There are a few guys here to thank for my successful conversion. And there are many others with the same opinion, that have been helped with their noobish questions, and have become quite a bit more advanced with time and experience.

My point is, you dont have to help if you dont want to. And anyone can research old posts for some really good info. But if a question is asked, just because someone doesnt know, help them, they will appreciate it. And they will never forget you. Thats what this site is about, to me.

• Like 2

Ive noticed, that when a very trite question is asked here, theres not alot of response, and thats the way it is. The post goes into oblivion. When I started here I asked things that were not answered, and still do. But there are a few guys (like myself) who will answer a noob question and help those who really dont know. I really think its a leap to ask new people to just know what kind of info is here to research. And Im also sorry to say, the search function on this site kinda sucks (dont mean to offend).

There is always going to be noobs and we should do the best we can to help them, because a sticky will do nothing for someone who doesnt know what a sticky is (as I didnt).

If you have the knowledge, help these guys that dont. That is what this forum is all about, I hope. The only way I learned was by asking dumb quesions and PMing guys who had alot more experience than I did. I did my whole conversion on their answers and am greatful that they just didnt direct me to some sticky.

There are a few guys here to thank for my successful conversion. And there are many others with the same opinion, that have been helped with their noobish questions, and have become quite a bit more advanced with time and experience.

My point is, you dont have to help if you dont want to. And anyone can research old posts for some really good info. But if a question is asked, just because someone doesnt know, help them, they will appreciate it. And they will never forget you. Thats what this site is about, to me.

I like your attitude. :super:

IMHO:

A separate section would be a nice place for Noobs to get started.

I also think a section for new members to post a first introductory message would be nice. Most forums have that, and I was a little shocked to see no such place here.

I like your attitude. :super:

IMHO:

A separate section would be a nice place for Noobs to get started.

I also think a section for new members to post a first introductory message would be nice. Most forums have that, and I was a little shocked to see no such place here.

Very well said. That was all I meant. I'm all for doing what I can to help a feller out, and try to save him some time, effort, and money. An introductory message, and where and how to get started would have saved me a lot of time and effort when I first joined up here.