houge grip have lug nut w it?

is it the handguard or pistol grip?

if its the new handguard mine will be here friday and ill tell you if mine has one if its just the nut for the PG ill mail you one for free and if you want ill overnight it or w/e if u pay shipping if not just wait for it to get there regular USPS

is it the handguard or pistol grip?

if its the new handguard mine will be here friday and ill tell you if mine has one if its just the nut for the PG ill mail you one for free and if you want ill overnight it or w/e if u pay shipping if not just wait for it to get there regular USPS

The hogue grips do not come with a PG nut, only the screw.

And I have to say the screw that comes with it is pretty lame. I got a new socket head screw from the local hardware store.

I didnt have any problems with my screw, worked fine. I did have to take a little off the PG nut though. Everyone has worked fine since.

And I have to say the screw that comes with it is pretty lame. I got a new socket head screw from the local hardware store.

I'm having a problem with the screw. I tighten it down and and it is still loose. I had a Hogue grip on this gun last year, and it was fine, but took it off to use on another gun. So I buy a new one and it does not want to go on. No matter how hard I tightened it it still wiggled, then it broke! Any suggestions?

The screw broke, did you get it out of the nut?

Yeah the screw broke in two. It came out of the nut easily tho.

I fixed it! after a lot of frustration and a trip to Lowes I figured out the problem. The nut was bottoming out (making contact) on the top part of the inside of the grip, the area that sits against the reciever. Because of this no matter how much I tightened it it would not tighten anymore. The fix was to remove material where the nut was making contact with the PG. I am kinda concerned at how easily the Hogue screw broke, so I picked up several replacement bolts. I think it is a good idea to have spare parts, even something as small as a PG screw/bolt. Hopefully my experience with this will help someone else dealing with this problem.

I love my hogue grip. The reason it comes with a screw is that it is much shorter than a typical AK grip. I am sure you all know that by now. I purchased an Ak nut from a local store that had them(they don't care for the Tapco nut), no problems were had for my conversion.