Concealed Carry For a Fat Man

:blues::blues::blues::blues::blues:

I am 6'2" and 330#

I have a 52 " waist line and carry a Springfield Armory XD9 Tactical.

So anyone out their try an IWB holster or a good Carry holster?

I have tried the Blackhawk shoulder holster but it tends to flop a bit.

Heck, so do I.

I have a great Hunting Vest with interior holster and mag holders by Red Thread, but don't generally wear that to PTA meetings or church or out shopping.

Thunderwear scares me a bit. One misfire and its adios to my naughty bits.

Wait a minute. I'm 60 years old ,- what have I got to lose?

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

But finding a comfortable concealable holster for my XD9 Tactical is maddening.

Compounding this are the three + hernias in fron. I kid you not.

Thanks for any help

Griz

Griz-

Save your naughty bits!!! You never know when.....

Anyway, about your question. Where are you carrying your weight? Upper body? Around the waist? What about the reach of your arm/hand? Dress code at work? At social events? All these play a role. How about getting in touch with your state's concealed carry rights organization and ask for advice. The other avenue I would think of would be local police or sheriff's office and ask if they have any large size detectives. If there isn't an exact body type match, they may know someone in a neighboring town or county that is. It is best to get this kind of advice from someone as close to your size as possible. Two other alternatives to consider are pocket and ankle carry. Good luck and I hope you get some good advice.

:blues::blues::blues::blues::blues:

I think I found a solution. As I am in perfect shape [round is a shape!] I am looking at the Russ Leathers parallely driving holster. I am also looking at a similar holster [forgor the manufacturer's name] that rides parallel when driving and locks into a cross draw holster when not driving.

My other decision is to wear leather gallusses with belt loops, one loop on either side of the holster.

This and a John Wayne bib front shirt and I'll be set for any range!

In my pursuit of the perfect holster, I am acquiring other accessories as well.

Ain't life grand!!?

Thanks for the input

Griz

I have absolutely nothing of any signifigance whatsoever to add. I just wanted Griz to know that I about fell out of my chair in pure mirth when I read his elequently writen delema. Thank you Griz for the above post!

And for Gods sake man, good luck. I never really thought about what a problem concealed carry might be for a very, very large gentleman such as yourself. I have a few aquantences at the range who are of grand stature. I will ask around this weekend and see if I can come up with a few of thier well kept secrets for ya!

I don't think any concealed holster is comfortable per say. I'm in shape, but IWB holsters dig in, shoulder holsters only work with certain attire, OWB aren't too concealed, small of the back is a bitch if you have to sit a lot, and ankle holsters only work for pea-shooters. Maybe I've just had bad luck with what I've tried, or maybe my gun is too big to easily carry concealed, I just wish the majority of Americans would chill out and not freak the f*ck out every time they saw a gun. Then I could get a comfy holster and not give a damn if it's seen, but if I do that around these parts, I get the cops called on me and written up for "disturbing the public" and "threatening behavior" or some such BS, even though open carry is legal here. Sorry to rant, but let me know if there's a comfy holster out there for a medium frame auto. Thanks!

Look up Andrews Custom Leather. I have been using his McDaniel insde holster for many years and it is very comfortable. I used to carry a work gun, Model 17 Glock, in one almost 24 hrs a day. That gun would conceal under a loose t shirt. I now use a Model 26 Glock in the same holster. No one has ever noticed it. The inside waistband takes some getting used to, but offers the best concealment and gun retention. I use the in front of the right hip position to allow both hands to reach the gun and so the gun wont show when you bend over. Give Sam a call. You wont regret it. He also makes a lot of other neat stuff like a holster for a Remington 870 that will conceal under a long coat.

Edited by ironhead7544