SGM magazines?

Okay..

as you can see my join date was TODAY... however, I have been secretly observing this website for almost a year now... and i FINALLY bought a S12 (after the whole BATF scare)

Anyways, I haven't even gotten to to go shoot it yet (just got it this last weekend) but I already want to buy some more magazines...

Looking on Cheaper than Dirt, theres really only 2 brands of magazines:

1. Promag

2. SGM tactical

I have heard a lot about AGP.. and I do a search on the internet and all I can find are old auctions from gun broker and auction arms selling them as vintage collector's pieces.

I have heard a lot of crap about the Promags, so I am hesitant to buy them (plus it has a bad review on CtD) But doing a search for "SGM" or "sgm" doesnt show any threads on this forum about the SGM tactical magazines... Can anyone please tell me the deal on those?

Here is the website im looking at:

<edit>

Edited by tritium
Links to non-vendor removed per forum guidelines.

I have many Surefire amd Promag mags. From my personal experience my opinion is go with the Surefire mags. My first choice would be factory 8 rounders if I were you, but they can be tough to get your hands on. Also every S12 owner should have a MD20 and a 12 round 'nutsac' drum.

Your searches are probably coming up with nothing because many of the thread titles will be "surefire" mags rather than SGM.

That said,I have no experience with the promag mags.I do have one of their 12 rounds drums and it works well.However,the AGP mags and Surefire mags are good to go.Google AGP arms.I have dozens of mags so I havn't been shopping for any lately but check AGP arms site,Carolina shooters supply and Mississippi Auto Arms to see what they have in stock.

http://www.agparms.com/

But what you really want is the md10.jpg

for only $99 and 5% off at

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-568/MDARMS-MD--ARMS/Detail

But for $27 the AGP magazines are a great deal (buy more than 10).

Edited by inflightmissiletech

I have several SGM mags with hundreds, if not thousands of rounds through them with no issues whatsoever. The only thing I would suggest is to buy from a forum vendor rather than Cheaper than Dirt.

Ill second that. If you get real crazy you will seek out a factory 8. You will definently want a MD drum. Otherwise AGP mags are great. Myself, I own SGM and have had no problems. I can also say that both companies and all of the vendors here would be extremely helpful if you evere did have a problem. Oh ya, welcome to the sickness!

Welcome to Saiga12.com!

For aftermarket box mags, I've used nothing but Surefire/SGM mags, and have naught but good to say about them.

I have five 10rd Surefire/SGMs, two 5rd factory mags and two MDarms MD20 drums.

The MD20s are fucking addictive, way too much fun dumping 20rds of inexpensive bulk #7.5 shot in, 5 seconds or less :devil:

Do Not Buy Promag!

If you're gonna buy'em, buy'em from a S12.com Business Member, such as, Carolina Shooters Supply, http://store.carolin...A-12/Categories

Edited by ChileRelleno

Wow guys!

Thanks for the quick replies...

I emailed a guy a few hours ago and he just responed to me... so MSG is the new name of surefire mags eh? how did that happen?

Anyways looks like I will be buying the MSG/Surefire stuff for now... however 2 of yall say to buy from a dealer on here... but I can buy four 10 round magazines from CtD for $115 plus all my ammo so free shipping... can anyone else offer a better deal? is there a thread that deals specifically with that?

James

You can buy four AGP 10rd mags for $108.00 at the link above... And directly help support S12.com

Or you can buy from a forum Business Member, support them just as they support the site with their paid memberships.

Sometimes it is worthwhile to pay a little more to support a good local gun store/online dealer or a good website.

Sometimes the wallet talks, and you buy the best deal you can find where ever you can find it.

Money doesn't grow on trees :rolleyes:

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1