S-12 "Accessories" Article in SGN

Just wanted to let people know if you saw the recent issue of Shotgun News (9/19/11), leave it on the rack. I was psyched to see an article on S12 accessories, and wanted to support the publicity, but it turned out to be crap. I bought it w/o opening it - my mistake - b/c I've always liked David Fortier's articles. It turned out to be nothing but a review of 3 ProMag mags, the Mako stock, and a 1.5 page push for a new rimless 12-guage!

Guess I'm just used to accessory articles including more, especially when I know how much our market has grown. It just seemed like he needed to fill space on a deadline.

The topper was that it was 4.5 pages and not ONCE did he mention this forum! :cryss: I suppose this place would put him out of a job, so I'll cut him slack.

Rimless 12 gauge? I am intrigued

He describes a rimless hull design idea that would feed more reliably from box magazines without the risk of rimlock and other rim associated feeding issues that the S12 does a fantastic job of overcoming. Fortier's rimless hull would also be shorter by omitting the wad and extra length of the hull, thereby allowing box magazines to not be so wide.

Its a pretty good idea I think, but even as Fortier says it would be a really hard sell because of how many shotguns there are out there chambered in the antique rimmed hull design.