Wanted to finish the report on the Elite pg and stock mod on my Saiga 12. I took 2 5s and 2 8 round mags to the booth at the indoor range Saturday for a workout. They mandate slugs.

The first shot was a bummer as it was set on 1. Reduced recoil doesn't operate the bolt. A quick spin to 2 and all is well. The shoot n see target was obliterated at 25 yards, just a rch low. Put the target on the bead instead of on top like an AR and took the middle out. Tried an inch diameter dot target and out she went 1 out of 5 at 25 yards. The muzzle brake worked well. The holes were quarter size.

Hammered two 8s loaded with 9 and a 5 round mag in succession ...got up from the cordite cloud and faced about 6 guys glued to the window. They motioned me out of the lanes throught the double doors. What is that gun? Is it a 12 gauge? How many does it hold? Does it kick? How much is it? Where can I get one? Do you need a license? It definitely outshone the .500 S&W hand cannon shaking the walls by Dirty Harry wannabe.

Fellows without the sissy pad it would be a sore shoulder after 80 rounds. Can't hip fire at the range. The pistol grip is fantastic, and the new trigger group is very smooth. The bruises on my right jaw line hurt so good!!!!

My buddy offered me $500 for it. I suggested he put down the homemade cigarette and talk about the Braves.

They are friggin bitchen ain't they? There's always some guy at my shooting spot whose jaw drops when I start shooting my S-12s and has to come over to find out "WTF is that?". I always try to let those guys empty a five rounder so they really know what they're missing. :smoke:

They are friggin bitchen ain't they?  There's always some guy at my shooting spot whose jaw drops when I start shooting my S-12s and has to come over to find out "WTF is that?".    I always try to let those guys empty a five rounder so they really know what they're missing.  :smoke:

First time I took mine after I fired a couple rounds, I couldn't help but load up a 5 rounder and empty it at a target as fast as I could. 3" magnum slugs hurt in rapid succession., but there's nothing quite like firing a gun like the Saiga-12. It's something you really have to feel to appreciate, much like a .44mag.

People assumed it's a 7.62x39 until it started belching red shotgun hulls. WTF?

:super: been there done that, went to shoot clays with some buddies and i could tell the guys were snickering at me because i was using " an ak " so until the plastic hull bounced off his hat :rolleyes: after that he wanted one...espically after i told him the price :smoke: