What happened to being able to turn off avatars?

HELP! I had my profile set to turn off user avatar display. I access this sight at work, and many user avatars are NSFW. Is the option still around? I sure would like to use it. Thanks a lot!

FIRST POST!!! I am just about to take the leap and get a Saiga 12. Thanks for all of the great info! You guys know your stuff.

*Chevyman - I'm sorry I didn't see your post before I posted mine.

Is there a mod who could chime in on this? If I could turn off or hide the member avatars and "Recent Gallery Images" would allow me to use the site more freely, and it seems at least a few are interested in this ability. Thanks very much!!! BTW, I dig the new look.

Not a problem nephilium. I was more or less just thinking out loud. We are more likely to get answers in this thread im sure. It really isnt a huge deal to me, but I do browse at work sometimes and to say the least some avatars are nsfw. lol But i pretty much stay away from subforums and topics i know are best suited for home.

I'm in the same boat, only I just don't want to have to see the sleaze.

Also it is a lot easier to respect a forum member's post if I don't have to see his fetishes. (I feel the same way about smilies too.)

I'm in the same boat, only I just don't want to have to see the sleaze.

Also it is a lot easier to respect a forum member's post if I don't have to see his fetishes. (I feel the same way about smilies too.)

this statement makes me feel akward.

I have the best smileys on the forum.

Nailbomb- I don't know about your smilies, but I have no problem with your pictures. Aren't you an Xray tech or something like that?

Anyway, the point is that this is a forum about certain guns. if people want to look at boobies on the interwebs, there are a lot of other options. I don't try to nag people, but I used to be able to turn it off. Even if you think having a moral objection is absurd, surely you guys can agree that some people have no taste, and it would be nice to be able to block their images and still see what text they post. Remember those huge repulsive pics that Glockmongler used to post in his sig that filled the whole thread with exagerated butt? They could kill the enjoyment of a whole thread. It's like every time you kiss your girlfreind you get a mental image of Rosane Barr in a bikini on a trampoline. No one should have to suffer through that.

Anyway, some people have cool or clever avatars, and what I really want to do is just block the tasteless few.

I agree with GunFun on this one. I would settle for a total block if that was all I could get. I am not a contributor though, so I don't really have much influence... Thanks for chiming in. I'll try to PM the mod mentioned earlier (perhaps others will too). Maybe the mods will smile on me and hear my plea!