Ultimate bullet button for saiga 12 magazines?

I have an ultimate bullet button installed on my magpul pmag for my AR15 andI was thinking of doing the same thing to my saiga 12 magazines. I was just curious if this has been done before.

I was thinking of using a steel rod, cut it down, paint it black and use some jb weld to the mag.

I'm in CA

I've messed around with something like this. I drove a long, thin bolt through a strip of velcro and tightened it down snug. Then I ground off the exposed threads, leaving me with a smooth rod. The velcro can be used for attaching it to mags.

What I found was that it wasn't as useful as I wanted. Because you have to torque the BB tool on the Saiga (contrast with a simple push on the AR), the attachment needs to be very strong. Also, you need something thicker than a bolt -- at least, thicker than the bolt I used. Mine tended to get jammed between the mag release and the body of the BB.

I now use 1/4" round steel rod which works marvelously. I shaped it into a two-finger ring that I wear on my trigger hand. When I want to drop a mag it's a fairly quick flick with my middle two fingers. I can post a couple pictures if you're interested.

If you manage to make the working prototype of the ultimate BB tool for the S-12, I'd love to see it. You'll need to attach it firmly though.

..................... and use some jb weld .................................

I think there's something that even dates back to Levitical law against that...

Something along the lines of;

"And if a man shall use JB Weld on any part of his guns he shall be ostracized by his people & never be taken seriously again. He has dishonored his gun, he shall bear his iniquity

If a man shall defend the use of JB Weld on guns, he shall be laughed at. His humiliation shall be upon him."

• Like 1

I have to ask what the heck is an ultimate bullet button?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=262666

A lil .25" nub that sticks out out of your magazine, used to facilitate mag changes... The PRK is great, ain't it?

I think there's something that even dates back to Levitical law against that...

Something along the lines of;

"And if a man shall use JB Weld on any part of his guns he shall be ostracized by his people & never be taken seriously again. He has dishonored his gun, he shall bear his iniquity

If a man shall defend the use of JB Weld on guns, he shall be laughed at. His humiliation shall be upon him."

haha too funny.

Edited by defcon

Sorry for the delay. I finally took some (crappy) pictures though. I've made 2 so far. The second one is much nicer but just a touch too long. They're both way better than a screwdriver or any other tool I've tried. 1/4" is definitely the magic number: bigger and it's hard to insert, smaller and it gets jammed. Behold!

gallery_24913_686_225751.jpg

gallery_24913_686_542525.jpg

Edited by Mr. Nathan