Galco king tuk vs. Crossbreed supertuck

Was browsing online the other day and found one of these which seems to be a good contender compared to the ST for the price. Anyone have one and hows the fit and finish and how has the smooth leather backing held up and how does it grip.

Edited by dashowdy

The only IWB that holds a candle to the CBST is the Minotaur MTAC.

The GKT looks like another take-off of the design, which is inherently solid and comfortable.

If the workmanship and materials are good it may be a contender.

But I haven't actually tried the GKT, so I guess I should STFU.

2c.gif

Edited by ChileRelleno

I have both and feel the Galco was a waste of money. I ordered a Crossbreed to replace it after 2 weeks(trying to give the Galco a chance). I had the Galco come completely out of the waistband more than once during practice, the back of the Galco is smooth and more prone to sliding around on my belt and just wasn't as comfortable as the Crossbreed. I will spend the little extra money from now on and continue buying Crossbreed.

I have Crossbreed holsters for G17/ Kahr PM9/ Kahr PM45/ G36. I have a Galco KingTuk for a G17 sitting in the holster box!

Cheers, Dave

cool I would just think that having the padding around the grip missing would make for a faster draw stroke but then again you start walking and the grip not being protected like the full cut would rub your back raw. I guess there are downsides to both.

I like my Full cut, tried the Combat on another's ST, and it allowed the grip to rub me wrong. rolleyes.gif I made a pun'ny.

Plus, you can make the cut yourself for free if ya want it.

+1 to this, except I haven't found the grip to rub me wrong since doing my own combat cut (originally ordered my ST without it, and then tried a friends who had, and I decided I preferred it and cut my own with a pair of my girl's ridiculously sharp "craft" scissors, lol). I recommend ordering it without the cut, so you have a choice whether to cut it yourself or not.

Whether the cut works for you, or bothers you, will depend on a bunch of variables; body type, clothing, cant, ride-height, gun, etc, etc, etc.

I agree! If you want it ? cut it yourself. I cut my Kahr PM9s even with the top of the kydex because there is so little to grip and the Kahr grip is not abrasive. All the others have been combat cut by me.

When you get your new Crossbreed ( since we steered you in the right direction) we each get 1/4 of your lifesavers!

Haha smoke I will make sure to do that since you guys were so very persuasive, the supertuck was my first choice but the galco caught my eye due to price and availability, any reccomendations for a good OWB that is around 30 bucks, getting cold around here so I imagine with my jackets I will be able to carry owb part of the time.Found one on amazon that has a trigger guard retention lock on it for 35 bucks seemed like a good deal.

Haha smoke I will make sure to do that since you guys were so very persuasive, the supertuck was my first choice but the galco caught my eye due to price and availability, any reccomendations for a good OWB that is around 30 bucks, getting cold around here so I imagine with my jackets I will be able to carry owb part of the time.Found one on amazon that has a trigger guard retention lock on it for 35 bucks seemed like a good deal.

My only choice for OWB EDC, is my Blackhawk Serpa CQC retention holster.

Though I do have some very pretty leather holsters, that collect dust.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

That is the one I was refering to chile, seems like a good holster.

They are very good retention holsters.

I use mine as a belt holster, do not like paddle holsters.

You'll need a good belt, I highly recommend the Amish Belt.

I like the retention, the ease of drawing and re-holstering, the aesthetics and the price.

They do however sit away from the body, makes for a large bulk under a jacket.

Not bad if wearing winter weight jacket or something that doesn't print through easily.

When I wear mine I wear it as Open Carry, if my clothing covers/partially covers it, oh well.

Edited by ChileRelleno

Well I live in a gold star state for open carry, maybe not a gold star city but it is still well tolerated, And against advice from many people I will occasionally open carry when I decide I dont want to conceal, I have actually met a few around here who have and have had some positive reports and some negative but that is to be expected, chile huge thanks on the advice seems like my tastes are in the right direction.

thanks for the help guys I have heard good things about the mtac as well, smoke eater do you have the combat cut on yours and if you do is it worth it?

I started out with a standard Supertuck because of the skateboard tape on the grips on my Glocks. I tried a buddy's Combat Cut, worked better for me so I traced his, cut mine and removed the skate tape from the grips.

Just a heads up, MidwayUSA carries Crossbreed Supertuck holsters, although I haven't checked lately to see what models are in stock. I ordered mine for a G19/23 and had it within a couple days. Beats having to deal with the long wait when ordering direct from Crossbreed. Same prices, too.

Granted, this is all assuming they have them in stock.