223 Ammo for stockpiling

What do you guys find most accurate/affordable for your 16" 223/5.56 Saiga's. I currently have a small stash of TulAmmo in 55 grain from wally world as it was cheap. I am looking for MOM at 100 yards so cloverleafing is not required but tighter is better in this instance for me as well. I do not have the means to reload and am looking for factory or mil-surp loads that are consistant. I do not have the funds to stock hornandy tap or the like. I hope this helps and I get some positive feedback from you guru's.

My Saiga 16” .223 likes 62 grain bullets much better then 55 grain. With 62gr I get 4 inch groups at 100 yards. With the 55gr it opens up to 6 inch groups. This is with iron sights. I’m sure it would be less scoped.

NATO 5.56 green tip 62gr and Silver Bear .223 - 62gr FMJ work well for me.

Edited by Mike38

I use a lot of tulammo, as it is cheap! But I agree with Corbin about the M855. I'm going to try some of the PMC X-tac soon and see how it does. It's brass cased with steel core and not much more than the tulammo.

That PMCstuff does look interesting. It is only $5.50 box at the right places too...thanks for the heads up!

I use a lot of tulammo, as it is cheap! But I agree with Corbin about the M855. I'm going to try some of the PMC X-tac soon and see how it does. It's brass cased with steel core and not much more than the tulammo.

That PMCstuff does look interesting. It is only $5.50 box at the right places too...thanks for the heads up!

NP. You should post what you think after you try it. I will as well.

I've tried the PMC stuff and for me it shoots better than steel cased ammo. I get around 2 inch groups with it at 100 yards. The only ammo that I get any better with is my own reloaded ammo. For the $5.50 a box is less than what steel cased .223 goes for in my area so I'd be buying all I could afford to of the PMC.